Question about crazy reading on MD

ssflipo13

Hey All,
The other day I went to a house that was built in 1890 here in the city. They are going to tear it down , along with six other houses on that block to make way for an international bridge plaza. Well I started at the curb and path leading to the house on the right side. My MD was going crazy the readings were going all over the place. So I moved up closer to the house and the same thing happened. Moving further up and then on the left side of the walk way the readings stayed the same. Can this be due to utility lines under ground? Or something else? It wasn`t my MD because I went to a different location and it worked fine?

So many possible causes.

Transformers and arcing electricity is a big one.

As are invisible dog fences.

I have a bunch of places around my city which are unhuntable due to EMI noise.

Yes it very well could be the underground utilites. This would be especially true of gas lines which are not buried that deep and the old cast iron waste pipes. The waste pipes you can pickup at 18 inches easily under the coil.

My ace does that if the sensitivity is to high, or i'm next to reinforced concrete with wire mesh in it. adjust your sensitivity, or try throwing on a smaller coil.

Back
Top Bottom