Strange

Cwalls

I was out doing a little MD'ing today and the Ace 250 was really acting strange, never had it do it before. As i was using it in the custom mode with everything below a penny notched out and the sensativity set at 4 bars, it would do fine while swinging it. Once I layed it on the groung to dig, it would just go crazy. I held it in my hand and pointed it straight into the air and it would still go crazy. I checked around for interference and there was no power lines or anything. It is only about 3 weeks old. I also changed the batteries with fresh ones and nothing changed. Any ideas?

try doing a factory reset by holding the power button for several seconds until it beeps

No other detectors near by, I was hunting near an old run down home and the home still had electricity hooked up. There is a possibility that it may had an alarm system or something. I went out today at a different location and it done just fine. There is definitley some interference there. I don't think it was my detector now after today. Thanks for your help.

No other detectors near by, I was hunting near an old run down home and the home still had electricity hooked up. There is a possibility that it may had an alarm system or something. I went out today at a different location and it done just fine. There is definitley some interference there. I don't think it was my detector now after today. Thanks for your help.

that's good to hear! :yes:

direct burial cable TV lines reak havoc on a detector for a large distance around the cable. Not sure if its due to a bad installation or if all cable TV lines do it. Its happened to me a couple times near the cable TV direct burial. This wasn't limited to detector type either. My TDI, Sov, and Vaq all do it over the same area.

Back
Top Bottom