Happy bride, Happier Groom

Grumpysrb

Forum Supporter
Finally got out for a second day after being unable to hunt for a couple months. Found two rings and some clad the first day. But the second 2nd was a little special.
I pulled up, suited up and began to swing when a young lady asked for help. She had lost her engagement ring an hour earlier and her and her family couldn't find it. Hunting is what I do, even if I don't get to keep it all. After being pointed to several spots in about a 30 foot radius I had to tell her to let me just look. I'll look until I find it or can't search anymore. Seemed to calm her for a few minutes. Because that's all it took. Within 10 minutes and three scoops, two for trash, I had a good ring with some diamonds in the scoop. Surprised her entire family. The young lady was so relieved she began to cry.

Attachments

• 20170624_170720_Burst01~2.jpg
    20170624_170720_Burst01~2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 451
  • lost ring girl.jpg
    lost ring girl.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 399
What a great return and a truly outstanding pic of the raw emotion that we seldom see....Especially with her standing there in the surf like that...We always wonder about the heartbreak incurred when we find a long lost item, and only on a return do we get to see it first hand......You did something really good here Brother...You SAVED the DAY!

What a great return and a truly outstanding pic of the raw emotion that we seldom see....Especially with her standing there in the surf like that...We always wonder about the heartbreak incurred when we find a long lost item, and only on a return do we get to see it first hand......You did something really good here Brother...You SAVED the DAY!

Amen!

Real Nice Job

I hope you gave her a lecture about Waring jewelry in the water, as she really got lucky YOU came along, nice pick's , nice story with tear's :thumbsup:

x3

BTW, did they offer any sort of reward???

way to go !!!!

love when we can help others... and i have noticed, since i recovered about 6 rings over the year, at one beach i go to... i get a lot of waves from people... not the"look at the weirdo with the dectector" look :) even some asking questions on getting a detector

I did tell her not to wear it in the water, and told them of all the others I have found. Three from within yards of hers. She chose not to swim anylonger that day

x3

BTW, did they offer any sort of reward???

They did, said it was $30. Turned it down, they quickly stuffed it into my pocket. I had to slip it to the little sister to give it back, the others wouldn't take it. They also offered an Orange Crush and a water. Turned those down too. For some reason the mother thought detecting was my job. Had to explain reality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom