Me and the wife are thinking of trying beach detecting this weekend

CaliPullTab

Its going to be over 100 degrees here in Salem so we are thinking of heading off to the coast since its only 79 on Sat and 70 on Sun. We have the new AT Pro so we are hoping to get into the water a little bit with it. Dont know if I will be taking the V3i since we want to water detect mostly...

We also have a Bounty hunter Discovery 2200 if there is dry sand to cover... Its real lite so maybe give it a try (never used it before)

Anyone else heading to the beach to get away from the heat?

The wife and i heading to the shore in Delaware Good luck on your hunt

Where I live it will be just as hot at the beach, maybe a little more breezy. No detecting for me this weekend, headed to the hunting camp to put out cams and corn and doing some mowing.

HH & GL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had plenty of luck in the dry sand with the ATP. Not so much in the wet. Good luck !

...We have the new AT Pro...
I had plenty of luck in the dry sand with the ATP. Not so much in the wet. Good luck !
Stay in the same area (wet, or dry) ground balance often, reduce the sensitivity....most times you'll hear chatter but a solid signal is usually strong and different from the chatter. Good luck.

Cali.... Bring the White's as a backup.

Stay in the same area (wet, or dry) ground balance often, reduce the sensitivity....most times you'll hear chatter but a solid signal is usually strong and different from the chatter. Good luck.

Cali.... Bring the White's as a backup.

+1

Ok, I found room in the truck box to put the Discovery 2200 just to take it have the beach scoop in there as well. I have both the Whites V3i and the Garretts AT Pro in the truck ready for the weekend. My truck gun rack came in a few days ago so I am using it..

IMG_4474.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG

I'm pretty sure the v3i would get the nod over the AT pro for salt water hunting. Pro sensitivity will have to be cut WAY down to effectively hunt in wet salt sand/water. Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HATE WEATHER MEN!!!!! They said it would be 81 at the beach in Lincoln city so we went there... It was 92 when we finally left after the beach got real crowded. I searched for a few hours and found 3 penny's, WTH? are oregonians cheap or something? do they not carry their change to be lost at the beach?

The AT Pro sucked in the wet sand, I turned it way down and it still said there were targets EVERYWHERE... I pulled out the V3i, set it to salt beach, GB it and was off with no issues at all... well, with the exception of there not being ANY targets on the beach!!!

I wish it would have been low tide but unfortunately it was high tide so no hunting in the sweet spot. :mad:

Came back to Salem and it is 97 at 5:18 and still climbing :(

We hit a park on the way home.... nothing but pulltabs

The AT Pro sucked in the wet sand, I turned it way down and it still said there were targets EVERYWHERE... I pulled out the V3i, set it to salt beach, GB it and was off with no issues at all... well, with the exception of there not being ANY targets on the beach!!!
Unfortunately that is the scenario for most folks with the ATP and why I'm glad you took the backup. Keep at it, there is always next time. =)

Beach Hunting with any kind of gear is a really tortuous experience!! Overall, out of all the beachsweepers in this Country, truth be told, if they all were to log in and confess, You actually did very good finding 3 pennies! Above average in fact!....Banner!

Back
Top Bottom