Homestead hunt

Semtav

Elite Member
Thought I'd get in an early morning hunt before church since it was so calm and cool (41 deg.). Flew out to an old homestead about 20 miles from the nearest house . Thought I was all alone til three riders showed up. Turned out to be my neighbors, they had left a gate open and their cattle had gotten out. After taking one of them up to find the cows, I resumed my hunt. Found the neat button on the way back to the plane when I was done. Gave me quite a start because it was as perfect a silver dollar signal as I had with my dollar find. Same design jwp1964 just posted today. Has R Liebmann Mfg Co Newark NJ on the back. Not sure what the band is but it has a rope design.
39f7e667e6c847209b9b810da96b68a9.jpg
de2d23a19405355947be385b8d9aaa8c.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Great Seal button. Probably WWI or II vintage.

41 degrees? That awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found a band identical to that one. I found it on the military base where I do most of my hunting. I ended up throwing it in the steel bin because I thought it was just scrap...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looks like the sort of things I find here. Frequently find an odd caliber case. Some of the really old ones are nearly eaten away.

Great Seal button. Probably WWI or II vintage.

41 degrees? That awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks jwp. Was a neat thing to find. just not valuable.

Jealous of the 41 degrees, we call that winter here

Yea !!! We've had some unseasonably cool weather this year. unfortunately the crops show it from all the frost damage.

Good story. Ya never know if a good coin will show up at places like that.

Back
Top Bottom