2 hours at a freshwater beach

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, I'm pretty much a newbie at water hunting but am really interested in getting better. Most of these finds were right on top, this beach is not used anymore and most of the sand has dispersed leaving lots of rocks and other obstacles in the way. This is about two hours and most of the finds were in a very small area. Can't believe no jewelry showed up. Maybe next time. One quarter was a '66 and two of the dimes were also '66's, but alas no silver coins or wheats. It's tough to get deep with the scoop with all the rocks. Thanks for looking hopefully next time I'll have some shiny stuff to show you, happy hunting out there!

Attachments

• IMG_5066.jpg
    IMG_5066.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 662
I'm fixing to go do some water detecting myself in the next couple of days, have been plotting and scheming for a couple weeks and am itching to try it. Looks like you're on the right idea; persistence pays off and I'm sure if you stick with it you'll find some awesome pirate's plunder!

Your Junk shot says theres a good chance for gold or silver jewelry being there Cellr.
Mid 60's kind of crapola, older style pulltabs and campfire melting blobs, those oldish lead weights are a good sign you are on the hardpack.... you want to work that site a bit...the right demographic has been there in the right time frame from what I see...

I recommend a sharp shovel for searching in baseball size rocks.

stealth 720 ftw. I hunt the hell out of rocks with that thing. Sure it's bent but it takes a beating and keeps on working.

Back
Top Bottom