Nokta Impact information

The Impact looks like it's a great machine. I've love to get a side by side comparison with the Rutus Alter. Both look great. But I don't know if they'd compliment each other or if having one would make the other redundant.

Impact since it currently has offerings of different sized coils, can be used more successfully in more varied type sites.

Rutus would be more restricted here since only limited coil options available.

I do use Rutus with 11" dd coil,,and take Impact along with smallest coil.
Good little duo here.

Some times the Deus get put in with the team too.

I try to take detectors with already installed coils to give me a wide range of detecting potential.

And make adjustments with detector/coil selection based on condition of sites.

Thanks for all of the good information. I can't wait to try this machine on a clean site.:laughing: I pulled a 42 Washington and 4 wheats out of a super trashy site yesterday. The machine sounds like R2D2 in the 99 mode but when you hit a coin, there is no mistaking the tone. These lots have been vacant for decades and since they were recently scraped down about 6 inches, you can see where the houses stood. Back in the 70's when the original houses were removed, all of the club members would hunt the area. (it was "played out"" but not anymore!:D

Thanks for all of the good information. I can't wait to try this machine on a clean site.:laughing: I pulled a 42 Washington and 4 wheats out of a super trashy site yesterday. The machine sounds like R2D2 in the 99 mode but when you hit a coin, there is no mistaking the tone. These lots have been vacant for decades and since they were recently scraped down about 6 inches, you can see where the houses stood. Back in the 70's when the original houses were removed, all of the club members would hunt the area. (it was "played out"" but not anymore!:D

Sounds like you a have place to let the Impact do its thing.

Small hunt with the small coil on a tiny beach that people often use if they know it's there or mostly Kayaker's having lunch. Last year I found a 1927 walking liberty here as well as a solid silver child's bracelet. Side bar...: I found the little bracelet with the girls name engraved beautifully on it. It was tiny and definately a little girl's. The inside diameter is only 1 and 3/4". I felt I should return it because the little thing was probably very upset and ridden with guilt for her loss. I did the research and made numerous phone calls and It turns out she passed away 20+ years ago at 83 years old. That's what makes this hobby special...History. That little bracelet hit me hard...
Anyway... the beach has been HAMMERED for the old stuff and I started at one end and went to the other. The beach is only 100 Feet long X 4 feet wide. This took me 6 hours today working really slow. In the end I found 2 clad quarters 3 clad dimes, 1 ACTUAL 1967 penny, 4 Zincolns, a Junk jewelry cross thing and lots of trash.

The impact is so far, finding things that were never there before with other top end detectors. Like TNSS recommends, run this machine until you understand it's magic. This machine LOCKS on Non-Ferrous and coins! I came home today without SILVER but I came home a LOT smarter with stuff I missed in the past. I dug a lot of !!!! and carried it out to thin the heard for maybe a last pass here this year. I have couple virgin cellar holes that I am hitting tommorrow. Tomorrow is another day...
Ed

thanks for sharing mudwhale - looks like your are enjoying running the Impact

I have also found tnss to be accurate in his posts -

I went to a spot yesterday in the woods that used to be a summer camp. It started in the 1800's and was abandoned in the 50's. All the buildings are now knocked down or rotted away. When they were still standing, one looked like a small concession/office type building built on poles. I searched where it was and found boat loads of nails. I got a SOLID 42 ID and dug this at about 6" deep! It's not silver but I'll take a little gold any day!

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 383
TNSS
Do you ever search in Gen modes OR deep? I tried the GEN (D) and thought the tones were very interesting. The manual is very vague here... Are these the deepest search modes and do the target ID'S match up with DI3 and DI99?
Confused here....LOVING THIS MACHINE!!!!
Ed

TNSS
Do you ever search in Gen modes OR deep? I tried the GEN (D) and thought the tones were very interesting. The manual is very vague here... Are these the deepest search modes and do the target ID'S match up with DI3 and DI99?
Confused here....LOVING THIS MACHINE!!!!
Ed

Yes IDs of modes DI99 and di3 will match gen(d).

Depth advantage of using general (d) will depend on ground minerals.
You see no bars or 1 bar in minerlization index meter,,likely extremely little to no advantage to be had using general(d). Deep mode here though, since it does provide a level(s) of discrimination would be good to use, if site is not real busy.

In my area typically, soil is too minerlized to use deep mode.
I have used general (d) mode for actual searching some, not a lot.
A lot of my sites are riddled with iron and nails, and junk nonferrous, hence general (d) not the best to use for actual target location. Depending on the situation though, general (d) could be used to help with target ID.

Forgot to say, sweep a nickel using gen (d) with low disc,,then up the disc to disc out nickel,,then resweep and listen.

Last edited:
TNSS
Thank you. I am trying to learn what the other search modes are best for. I think a beach hunt in COG mode will be had this weekend.

Good luck with your beach hunt.

Something I need to say.

Had a gent (friend) call me long distance from his vacation spot in Fla.
He was using a Nokta relic detector.
He said he couldn't get the detector to ground balance.

This is normal ops for not being able to do a ground grab GB, if over inert mineral ground.

My friend was hunting way up from the salt water.
You likely will have to scale back your gain somewhat.
Let the stability and noise the detector makes or provides drive your settings.

Cheers
Again good luck.

TNSS
Thanks for the advice. This weekend in the woods, I could not grab a GB in a couple spots. What it turned out was the leaves were too deep in these areas. When I scraped the leaves away...VOILA!.

Did your friend manually GB? If so, what number did he plug in? The default is 90 when turning the machine on. The freshwater beach I hunted was 34. I'm thinking if I had to manually adjust I would go by the manual. GEN mode pump and listen, tweak as necessary... Thoughts?
Ed

Just my thoughts and opinions on the NOKTA Impact from my use over 4 weeks:

Things I LOVE!!:

Adjustable everything. The adjustable cuff, the easy adjustable shaft length, the adjustable Bi-Pod and the variety of search modes. The list goes on...

The weather/use covers are really top shelf stuff. I am buying extra sets just to have on hand should I destroy one in the field. These really keep the dirt and abuse away from the control unit and the under arm power unit. ( Camo would be a great color....HINT, HINT, HINT...!)

The Bi-Pod is awesome and should be included with every detector ever made. I am also ordering extras in case I break a leg off by inadvertently stepping on it like this past weekend.

Fit, Finish and quality of manufacture is of the best I have seen and on a par with the best high end machines out there. As an engineer by trade, I am amazed at the thought and execution that went into this detector! I have owned detectors costing half as much AGAIN to not include the standard stuff at such a high level as this company Nokta Rocks!

I love the small coil the pro pack comes with. I have never used a coil this tiny in my life. I should note that this is the smallest double D coil I have yet seen. This coil is a laser on separation and finding micro targets amid pure trash filled sites and as well as a general search weapon. In any Park setting, this is the weapon of choice.

The stock coil is a very accurate finder in it's own right. I have used it on sites that were nasty trashy but spread way out also. This coil is also astounding on it's separation of even tiny targets in the filth.

WISH LIST:

Adjustable audio in ALL modes. Especially DI4 where this would be KILLER!!!

Thicker padding on the cuff. (Like Moto /Bike helmets, Velcro inserts of varying thickness)

Adjustable Everything in the DI modes and if possible in all modes.

Ed

TNSS
Thanks for the advice. This weekend in the woods, I could not grab a GB in a couple spots. What it turned out was the leaves were too deep in these areas. When I scraped the leaves away...VOILA!.

Did your friend manually GB? If so, what number did he plug in? The default is 90 when turning the machine on. The freshwater beach I hunted was 34. I'm thinking if I had to manually adjust I would go by the manual. GEN mode pump and listen, tweak as necessary... Thoughts?
Ed

On a fresh water beach go to beach mode, and hunt in default setting, should work.

On very low mineral ground,,a 90 setting GB should work.

TNSS
Thanks and I will report back to you on my situation when on site.

This forum is the most valuable asset of all of us detectorists in the vast amounts of knowledge that is freely given to all who bother to read.

Sage advice is right here in front of all of us if we pay attention and listen for once and don't let our egos get in the way.

Thank you TNSS for your never ending support! Cheers!!
Ed

Question:
I have used a Low latency brand "trond" 4.1 Transmitter with 4.1 Low latency headphones. The delay in response is noticeable to say the least. Definitely not usable at all. Its like a half second delay in response. What is the response of the wireless with the Nokta Phones? Right now the wired phones are my only option. I HATE WIRES!!!!

Question:
I have used a Low latency brand "trond" 4.1 Transmitter with 4.1 Low latency headphones. The delay in response is noticeable to say the least. Definitely not usable at all. Its like a half second delay in response. What is the response of the wireless with the Nokta Phones? Right now the wired phones are my only option. I HATE WIRES!!!!

See post above your last.

The headphones I received with my test unit, definitely useable with virtually no lag.
But seems Nokta is making another set of wireless phones for Impact.
I haven't been involved with these particular ones though.

TNSS
Thanks! When they are available I will order a pair or maybe 2. Quick question, Is the transmitter built in or is it external? Just wondering....

On another note, I am becoming very well versed in the DI99 song! I have been running zero disc so I can hear and learn it's music. I have become very good at smelling out the cheaters from the finds. Tonight in a small park in town which is so loaded with pull tabs and bottle caps, I banged hard on what I knew was 2 copper pennies. Sure enough the first was a '62 at 3" the next one was at 7" and was a fully loaded clip from a .32 ACP!!!! LOL! This clip is definately WWII or a lot earlier.

I haven't gotten to the salt water yet because of the weather lately on the weekends. I will keep you posted when I run COG mode there on the black sand we have here on the coast in CT.

EDIT: The magazine is from a 1903 Colt Pocket Hammer less pistol manufactured from 1903 to 1945. This one has 8 rounds in it which makes it an M1903 early pistol.

Back
Top Bottom