Out mowing the Royal Lawns this morning....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
when what doth KT see??? The Royal Mail Person delivering a package to the Royal Mail Box! KT completes the mowing exercise with His Kubota BX2200 and rides by the mailbox, plucks out the package and a magazine and heads up to the Castle, where He rinses of the Royal Mower, puts it away and enters the Castle with the box in-hand!

LO and BEHOLD! Another roll of Walking Liberties! This one has a nice spread of dates in the teens, 20s, 30s, and 40s. From the picture you may tell that 3 of these are EXF, but most are good or very good. Checking the mint marks, KT spotted 5 S mint marks, 1 in the 20s, 1 in the 30s, and 3 in the 40s. A few Ds also, but mostly Philadelphia mintage.

In the picture, teens are in the top row, 20s in 2nd row down, 30s in the 3rd row, and the bottom 2 rows are 40 mintage. Oldest coin 1917, newest 1947.

Enjoy the picture!

Attachments

• Not CRH 05 02 2020 20 Walkers.jpg
    Not CRH 05 02 2020 20 Walkers.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 262
Do you get these rolls for close to melt ? From dealers who know what's up ? Or John Q Public ? If it's the latter , I would imagine you have rolls of 38Ds...bought for melt....

KT we can’t keep up with your totals! I wouldn’t mind making a silver buy but my wife reminds me that our stimulus check must go towards paying our 2019 income tax :[

Do you get these rolls for close to melt ? From dealers who know what's up ? Or John Q Public ? If it's the latter , I would imagine you have rolls of 38Ds...bought for melt....

At present various members of the public, KOB, but in the past year, KT has also found different dealers at fleamarkets and non-coin shows who just want to get rid of them. Prices on single coins from these folks are too high, but there is pretty decent discounts with a volume buy. Never buy from pawn shops either, because they offer no discount for volume purchase, and never over melt when buying. Most folks know the melt value, but do not want to pay 5% to the refinery and pay shippage both ways! Times are tough for a lot of folks presently, and since KT has some play money in the budget, and the Queen's approval, He does a lot of looking on line. Has a set price over which He will not bid, and seems to win about every 10-12th item He bids on.

KT learned about pawn shops when he was selling some scrap gold and rings, one set with diamonds. They offered a little less than 10Kt scrap value and nothing for the two diamonds...so KT went to a gold buyer next door, where he offered 14Kt scrap value and an extra $100 for the diamonds...so KT might deal with a pawn shop to purchase guns, but never coins or jewelry.

:laughing::laughing:KT has never found a 38D in any of these purchases, but if He ever does, you all will be the first to hear about it!

Last edited:
KT we can’t keep up with your totals! I wouldn’t mind making a silver buy but my wife reminds me that our stimulus check must go towards paying our 2019 income tax :[

That's rough, amc rulz. For years, His Majesty has directed the Royal Exchecker to overpay about 5% taxes to the Big Government (out of sight, out of mind) and when the Tax Collector Cometh, he issues us a check! Usually sufficiently large enough to pay taxes AND insurance on the Castle. So when the "stimulus" money arrived, KT had it free and clear to spend as He wished. It's the Rule of P's...Proper prior planning prevents pi$$ poor performance! Learned it the hard way the first full year of KT's Royal Retirement!

And no need to worry over KT's totals as He always posts a year end total and will include a breakdown this year of CRH and purchased coins. If KT does not start back CRHing soon, it will be a pitiful CRH total this year. :no::no:

Back
Top Bottom