Advice: Civil War buttons and bullets

......Kinda figured this response. This site is an at pro circle jerk. I got to use an at pro and it just wasn't that good. It's shoddy craftsmanship, on top of that if falsees on iron way too much. Plus I've been to a park that a friend can't even hunt because his machine just goes crazy. The at pro is overrated and not all that great of a machine. Also wanna point out that yes it will null out over heavily iron filled areas. The way you solve this is to slow down to 4 second swings. I realize children can get impatient and for them I would suggest an at pro toy.

Wow.

Last edited:
That's like saying a honda civic is better then a BMW because there is more sold. Yeah that's because most people can't afford it or don't want to spend that kind of money.

Again look at my first post and tell me I ever suggested he get an etrac. I didn't I just said you can get better more expensive machines used for the price of an at pro. I have an etrac so I used my decision as an example.

The thread was about civil war relic hunting.

Nowhere did the OP mention anything minelab.

The OP wanted opinions about specific detectors and not advise about used equipment.

The OP stated his choices and his budget.

How it got to used minelab and Honda civics is unbelievable.

I guess every other machine to a minelab owner is a Honda civic .

Kinda figured this response. This site is an at pro circle jerk. I got to use an at pro and it just wasn't that good. It's shoddy craftsmanship, on top of that if falsees on iron way too much. Plus I've been to a park that a friend can't even hunt because his machine just goes crazy. The at pro is overrated and not all that great of a machine. Also wanna point out that yes it will null out over heavily iron filled areas. The way you solve this is to slow down to 4 second swings. I realize children can get impatient and for them I would suggest an at pro toy.

And about the selling price on used machines. It tells you that the market is flooded because people but them and then don't take the time to learn how to use them. It's not like an at pro that a child can use. It's a real machine not a toy and takes time to customize and learn.

Wow.... A great way to make friends and influence people.

Maybe minelab could use this in their ads. :laughing:

If I had the opportunity to get a free 1500 etrac OR a free 595 at-pro it would make since to go with a high dollar unit but I assure you I would turn my head to the minecrap.

:worms::hornetsnest:

Hey Leo, I would opt for the e-trac, then sell it and buy 2 brand new At-Pros! LOL :laughbounce:

The AtPro is a brass magnet for me anyway. If it's there you will know it.

Sure others will do well also. I had the f70 and it's sold now.

I will never get rid of my Atpro.

Look up NuggetNoggin on you tube. He has a lot of great videos using the AtPro in the field.

http://youtu.be/JeJlogofeKw

Well as long as this thread is back from the grave ..I lied :lol:

I did get rid of my ATpro I still liked it but it was killing my arm after using it all day almost everyday back then.

The new Nokta Fors Gold plus seems to be a good relic hunter in the camp sites.

In the ops price range as well.

For deeper targets in higher mineral=The new unit above I mentioned, Deus, Blisstool v5 or V6.

For better soil or shallower targets in bad soil= Tenhnetics T2, F75 fisher,
Makro racer, at pro
Ctx
Pick you poison .....

Back
Top Bottom