• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

hard time at the beach

tone541

hit the beach yesterday and had lots of problems with single beeps in sweeping
back and fought .I have a coinmaster pro, tried everything to eliminate this
problem to no avail . only occasionally will I get my 2 distinct beeps and pull up either junk or coins. I'm a newbie have used my machine about 10 times.: crying: anyone out there that can help ?

Your detector isn't beach friendly. You would do better in the very dry sand away from the water but the falsing will get worse the closer you are to the water (wet sand).

Your detector isn't beach friendly. You would do better in the very dry sand away from the water but the falsing will get worse the closer you are to the water (wet sand).

Agreed but try to turn your sensitivity down a bit and listen for solid repeatable hits. Coins will hit much more solid in most cases.

You may already be using one? If not you may help it a little by using a Concentric coil.

Increased falsing is an indication of losing ground balance. EMI is too though seldom an issue at the beach. If it is a salt beach, the dry dry and the wet wet are polar opposites for ground balance. I quick look indicated your machine does not have GB controls so your only option is reducing the sensitivity. While it is possible to hunt wet, your unit will be nearly blind from mineralization and obscured by false responses. A real repeatable target is barely attainable and very unlikely.
Bottom line, it will work very well in the dry and lousy in the wet like everyone has said. :D

I make my living restating the obvious. ;)

and one other thing to point out regarding the dry sand: if there's blobs of seaweed washed up and covered by the sand, those can also set off a detector because of the salt that it holds. you can be going along just fine in the dry sand with no falsing and then you get erratic beeping, dig down and find nothing but seaweed. been there, done that. :roll:

coin master

Firestring is right. I have a coin master, I use it only in dry sand. it works fine there, and I find stuff with it. Water I use a PI machine.:detector:

If you want to hunt on the salt beach wet or dry, upgrade to the Coinmaster GT. It has a Beach Mode and Autotrac for Automatic ground balancing. That will greatly reduce the falsing without breaking the bank.

Back
Top Bottom