Omg my detector is broke

NBerne

:crybaby:

You know the quote "Children are Retarded" (Bill Cosby). Well sometimes I think mine are... I told them to leave my metal detector alone, I sat it on the porch and went to the restroom, came back no more than five minutes and they had ripped the cord off and now it's broke... What to do?

Yeah I really need to find a New 5 Pin Coil, or rather "New To Me" for My Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus... If anyone knows where I might aquire one, fairly cheap please let me know... I scoured Ebay on Friday and saw only one.

If you can fix it yourself, do it. If not call the manufacture and see how much it would cost to fix it. I did that with my old Garrett Ground Hog and it work find now. I have had it for 30+ years. Good luck. (:-O)

If it's a tesoro, then call tesoro, and give them a synopsis of how it was broken, where the cord came out, and so on. Tell them that folks on the forum always rave about their service, etc..... I've always heard that they are incredibly fair with repairs, even when it's your fault (or your kids, whatever.......). Anyhow, update us on how they treat you. I bet they'll bend over backwards for you - I've never ever seen a story of anything other than how well they treat their customers.

If it's just the coil, don't any Umax coils work? Sounds like a question for skiwiz, diggler, or spaceweseal..........

No comment on beating the kids. I feel your pain there, wonder what your blood pressure would have read when you saw the detector? From 90 to 270 in like 1.2 seconds.......:mad: Oh well, it all does come out of their inheritance in the end............

I think Article 4, Paragraph 3 of the Geneva Convention allows for the senseless beating of children with Metal Detectors.

:numchuck:

Neat thing about Tesoro is there ALL ABOUT THE FAMILY.
How old are the kids? Thirty something?

Lifetime Warranty on detector, two week turnaround repair.
Leave the part out about hitting them with it...

I think Article 4, Paragraph 3 of the Geneva Convention allows for the senseless beating of children with Metal Detectors.

:numchuck:
Do they have to be your own kids? I had a boy about five come up to me in a tot lot and stomp on the coil of my XLT. Luckily it was in soft sand and it didn't hurt it. :gaah:

Only problem is I can't find the Cable... I have the "Coil" in hand. But to get it fixed, i have to send the cable as well.... I called and that is what they said. :( Plus you have to be the original owner of the detector to use the warranty.

:CRYBABY:

I don't own a Tesoro, but it would seem that by the time you paid for shipping it there, and the repair you could probably get a new coil with cable attached from a dealer. And probably faster too.
If of course I am reading this post correctly and the cable seperated from the coil.

i dont think the rep knew her stuff. the tesoro warranty is for the life of the detector, not the life of the owner. Whites knows that my detector is 15 years out of warranty, and still send me parts.

i dont think the rep knew her stuff. the tesoro warranty is for the life of the detector, not the life of the owner. Whites knows that my detector is 15 years out of warranty, and still send me parts.

according to the owners manual for the tesoro deleon lifetime warranry is for the original purchaser only, not transferrable.

Back
Top Bottom