Video Evidence of a Bad Detectorist. Thanks for the ring!

love the in-situ live-dig !

More like a "live pull up." I don't even think I used my digger once. The whole situation was just funny.

I couldn't believe I'd hit the ring AFTER someone had been there. Hilarious. But.. It's not the first time, either. I've found plenty of stuff in other people's holes. I see a lot of "new" detectorists out there spending 3-5-7 minutes at a hole... I know for sure, at that point, they don't have a pin pointer!

Cheers,

Skip

If I only had money for a good PP or a better detector, I'd go for the good PP. Seriously, I wouldn't have found my first ring if it weren't for my hunting partner having a Garrett PP. My little cheep one that came with my BH couldn't find it but his got right to it.

BCD

Excellent point Skippy.

Had the same thing happen on a hunt at a colonial era tannery. I found an open hole with 2 small piles of dirt beside it. Signals are in the zinc penny range. In the hole and inside on the piles of dirt, are pieces of melted lead. In the second pile of dirt is an antique sash buckle.

In trashy areas, multiple targets can be in one plug or hole.

If I only had money for a good PP or a better detector, I'd go for the good PP. Seriously, I wouldn't have found my first ring if it weren't for my hunting partner having a Garrett PP. My little cheep one that came with my BH couldn't find it but his got right to it.

BCD

If/when you are forced to hunt without a pin pointer, the way to ensure you fidn the target is to dig a large plug, then wave it over the coil (set the coil down next to the hole. If the object is in the plug, it'll cause a beep. Then break the plug down into smaller chunks until you can find the object. This is best done when you are not wearing rings or watches, of course. :) (I speak from experience, LOL)

Cheers!

Skippy

That's awesome!
I've seen bad dig marks at some local areas,
Guess I need to start checking them!!

Noah

I only saw the mark when I bent down, because I heard the signal first. Then I started laughing. I figured it was a penny, not a ring! LOL

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom