Business cards

Chipk

Elite Member
If you've considered ordering business cards, STAPLES has a great deal with 500 cards for $9.99 (plus tax). Custom design, good paper stock and NO set up fee!

I asked Garrett for permission to use a picture of an ATP and they provided the artwork.

I find these are great for asking for permissions to hunt private properties. Make you look more legitimate and professional.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 306
Looks really nice, Chip. I've pondered getting cards for years. Although I'm a little leary of having my name and # out there any more than necessary. But thanks for the tip about staples. A great value. Good luck!

Looks really nice, Chip. I've pondered getting cards for years. Although I'm a little leary of having my name and # out there any more than necessary. But thanks for the tip about staples. A great value. Good luck!

I understand your concern but two other angles to consider:

First, I tell people to call me if anything is amiss. Hole not filled, etc. now I won't ever leave anything like that but it makes them more comfortable about allowing me to search their property.

Second, they have a way to spread my contact info for friends and family who may allow me to go on their property. Recently I got my fifth permission all stemming from the original hunt. People commented how the others had complimented me and they were willing to help me find new spots to hunt.

So there are upsides.

I looked into this as well, as I figured it would lend a more professional demeanor to the approach. My wife was buying her business cards from Staples for years, and they are good quality. Also keep in mind Vistaprint. If you get the lowest priced cards, the paper is rather flimsy, so step up to the "Signature" cards. They are reasonably priced and you can design the entire card online.

When I retired I had cards made up with my name, my e-mail address, and my phone number in one corner. That's it, nothing more. There is a lot of blank space to write on if I want to. I just write in "metal detector guy", "ukulele player", or whatever They are nice because if I meet someone that might want to contact me later, or if I want them to remember who I am, I just give them those cards. I'm not really worried about people knowing my name and how to contact me, because I never give them out to people I don't want to know who I am or how to contact me. No big deal there.

Sometimes they are good for helping get permission other times they make you seem too official and I think they turn some people off. I've had both happen...

Just placed an order for 500 from Vista Prints. Promo code was $7.99 plus shipping.
Thanks for the idea guys

Avery.com has a better deal create a free account and desgin your card how ever you want or make one useing a template then print then it out your self for free

Avery.com has a better deal create a free account and desgin your card how ever you want or make one useing a template then print then it out your self for free

That's what I used all the time. Do a lot of restoration on old things plus welding also. People always ask me if I have a card so they can contact me.

Back
Top Bottom