Garrett wand?

Jsparks

Can you mod this into a pinpointer ?? Or anything else found one for $40.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 464
I have no idea, but you would have to look inside before you could figure out exactly what would need to be done to it to make it a md pinpointer. :)

You could, but the rebuild would require a new casing, a small coil, and it would still be too bulky to carry around.

Before you have a usable pinpointer you would have spend more money than if you got a propointer in the first place.

If your interest is about a great winter project, and the joy of building something, then look at the harbour freight pinpointer, and do the mods you can find around this site. Somebody extended the wand and attached the pinpointers body to the detector, like a sunray probe. I liked that. There's some info in this section describing how to make the cheap harbour freight pinpointer very nice and powerfull!

GL

/Steffen

Thanks. I actually just got a G pp for Xmas but I saw the wand on Craigslist and thought if it was usable I might pick it up. Thanks for your reply. JS

Could be a chinese knock off too. They sell them for $25 new, maybe even cheaper if it doesn't say "Garrett" on it.

Back
Top Bottom