I have an extra coil, what should I do with it?

Trickworm

Elite Member
One of my Garrett At Pro coils, the larger D-D coil, broke. Not the coil itself but the little pins that attach to the detector. I was wondering it there was any sort of modification for the Garrett coils. I have an extra one that I can take apart and do whatever with, so anybody got any ideas?

One of my Garrett At Pro coils, the larger D-D coil, broke. Not the coil itself but the little pins that attach to the detector. I was wondering it there was any sort of modification for the Garrett coils. I have an extra one that I can take apart and do whatever with, so anybody got any ideas?

I'd be interested in buying it if the price was right. I'm pretty good at soldering and think I could fashion some pins and solder them in like new.

I'd bet Garrett will take care of you, get hold of Bradley or (Sue ?) and see what they will do for you.

You could sell it, or find some one who could fix the pins. Selling it, however, would probably bring a low price being that it is broken. HH and GL

Coils have set resistance measurments and exact precise windings, there really is no way to make a sniper coil short of building a different coil. If you look on geotech forums there is alot of information on building coils. I pride my self in being fairly electronically gifted, and im not sure if i could build a coil lol.

Back
Top Bottom