Waterproof Minelab Explorer II

awesome! so you can submerge this to certain depth now? Im looking at a potential market on this one :)

Sorry for the late reply, yes it can be totally submerged. never tested how deep but I would say it can handle up to 10 feet. Don't care to find out really because I stay mostly in waist to chest deep water so at most its been a foot or so and its held up good. The splice tube needs a redesign still but so far its brought a lot of targets last season.

Outstanding work! That's the cleanest water proofing of an Explorer type machine I've ever seen. Neat!

Outstanding work! That's the cleanest water proofing of an Explorer type machine I've ever seen. Neat!

Thank you...it aint perfect but I have been very happy with it. I forgot to mention that it was since upgraded to an Explorer SE (see pics). And as an side note of this project, someone else also waterproofed an Etrac based off this design.

Waterproof-Explorer-07.jpg

Waterproof-Explorer-08.jpg

Hello saltshaker!! Does your machine still alive? Im planning to copy your design.. it is the prettiest waterproffing upgrade i ever seen.

Hello saltshaker!! Does your machine still alive? Im planning to copy your design.. it is the prettiest waterproffing upgrade i ever seen.

Thanks. Yup, she's still alive. I havent used it in quite a while now that I built and modified an excal seen here:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=235207

Needless to say, I thought about improving the design but its no longer my primary device but the idea I had would of been epic. Although I did replace the splice tube which was a little better.
I did make a template for the frames which can be used to cut them out in case you need it as well as a parts list.

Attachments

• splice.jpg
    splice.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 294
Thank you...it aint perfect but I have been very happy with it. I forgot to mention that it was since upgraded to an Explorer SE (see pics). And as an side note of this project, someone else also waterproofed an Etrac based off this design.

View attachment 311412

View attachment 311413

Im thinking of selling this off. Would anyone be interested in a waterproof explorer SE? And if so, what do you think it is worth?

That is an awesome build!

Not sure what it could sell for?
Might be a tough sale though with the new waterproof Equinox
announcement that mine lab just made :?:

The quoted portion of your reply would have been relevant 5 years ago..

Making the OP, futuristic, which is true..

<°))).>{

Thanks and that crossed my mind but there are some explorer die-hards out there I am sure. Regardless, I just dont use it anymore since I built my excal and still use my AT Pro from time to time.
If any one is interested, feel free to contact me via PM. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom