Coin roll hunting. Why do you do it?

xringracing

What do you do with your finds?

Do you do this to find coins to resell?

Do you hoard silver? If so, why? Is it because you worry about the downfall of paper currency?

Do you do it just for the thrill of the hunt? Like metal detecting offers.

I just like finding things, it all started when my hand was too messed up to detect. I keep all the foreign coins, even modern canadian change lol.

I'd really like to find some tokens or error coins too. They'd go in the jar with all the silvers and foreign coins marked "CRH finds".

When I was a kid, I would buy packs of baseball cards to try to build a set. I do the same thing now, just with coins! I have always loved the thrill of the hunt.

Winter

It gives me something to do that is coin-related when there is a foot of snow outside:mad:

What do you do with your finds?

Do you do this to find coins to resell?

Do you hoard silver? If so, why? Is it because you worry about the downfall of paper currency?

Do you do it just for the thrill of the hunt? Like metal detecting offers.

Why do you collect anything? Some, to make a profit in a short time. They are not real collectors. Real collectors want to complete sets or types of things. Some, have to have the best, some only what they can afford. The rest hope to find good deal, of to find that one thing that is a great discovery for them. Wither valuable or not. The history of the object.
MDing I like, because it a good way to exercise and do something that I enjoy.

I started coin collecting as a Scout, while on a camping trip, we were in a creek and found many coins, one a 1875s twenty cent silver coin, that started me collecting, and others coins. Later, I wanted a Metal detector, which I had to weight a very long time to aquire, till I could afford one. My first MD was Garrett Ground Hog, and it still works today, and it finds more stuff than my Garrett 2500.:lol:

because getting silvers at face value sounds good ta me :lol:

KT is a silver hoarder....Why? Not because He thinks the banks will fail and everything will go to rack and ruin, but because He likes getting coins that are worth a bit more than face value for their face value.

He likes the idea of a silver laden Royal Treasure Chest like the pirates of old had! :laughing::laughing: Taking silver out of circulation is like taking candy from a baby, but you got to work harder at it if you like a particular flavor of candy...Personally, KT likes silver-flavored candy! HA HA :laughing::laughing:

I started coin collecting as a Scout, while on a camping trip, we were in a creek and found many coins, one a 1875s twenty cent silver coin, that started me collecting, and others coins. Later, I wanted a Metal detector, which I had to weight a very long time to aquire, till I could afford one. My first MD was Garrett Ground Hog, and it still works today, and it finds more stuff than my Garrett 2500.:lol:

OMG searcher64!!!! Did you ever get back to that creek with your MD once you got one? That certainly sounds like a site to be on your hit list! :yes::D:D

Why do I MD?
I think it is part of the American psyche. It's in our blood. From the first European stepped on the shore of the Americas, they were in search of something, land, silver, gold. So I am just continuing what my forefathers started.

As for hoarding silver, I own silver. It is hugely underpriced, and should be well over $100 per ounce. I believe within a few years silver will go up 5-10 times it's current price. Maybe I'm wrong, but buying at today's prices, I don't think I am going to lose any money.

For me, its' almost like getting free Silver.... i mean if I told you that while you are at home and at your leisure, that you could get free silver just for digging thru some coins while watching tv... you would do it.... welll YOU CAN. Its fun... and free!

-The Great

there was a guy in my bank getting coins looking for defects and than he would sell them and buy ipod and stuff

The way the price of silver is falling, you may get silver at face value! Or everyone will CRH for the copper in the clad! :mad:

Look again! When you posted this I think it had been dropping pretty consistently. I think it was under $20 when you posted. Now look. Right this instant it's over $23. That's a HUGE gain in a week! Yeah it was over $30 in this same calendar year, but I think it could surpass that in less than a year's time.

I accumulate silver because, just like my backyard hens, it's way under valued, and will be worth a small fortune in the near future.

Lol.

Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom