MX Sport or MXT Pro

ThemBones

Hi everyone, I thought I had my mind made up and I was going to purchase a MXT Pro from Whites. I have lots of areas I can hunt in but I didn't even think of all the swimming areas in the lakes and creeks in my area. Now I'm torn between the MX Sport and the MXT Pro. When it comes down to it, I probably would spend less than 10% of my time hunting in water but I like the idea of having that option plus I wouldn't have to worry about the detector getting wet if it started raining etc. Performance wise, how do they compare?

Very similar, mx sport may even do better in areas

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I thought I had my mind made up and I was going to purchase a MXT Pro from Whites. I have lots of areas I can hunt in but I didn't even think of all the swimming areas in the lakes and creeks in my area. Now I'm torn between the MX Sport and the MXT Pro. When it comes down to it, I probably would spend less than 10% of my time hunting in water but I like the idea of having that option plus I wouldn't have to worry about the detector getting wet if it started raining etc. Performance wise, how do they compare?

I can't compare them but I just got the MX Sport and I can't say I'm hating it.

If you do order one from an authorized dealer and get it (need the serial number for the form) before January 6 2017 , too late to get the bonus package before the holidays but the offer is valid until Jan 6th

Then go online and fill out the form to get free stuff !

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/christmas/

E9799659-6721-45FA-B0A2-41FA83B74E81_zpsacm390it.jpeg

MX Sport

I owned both and flip a coin.... lol Truth I love MX Sport. I feel the balence is better,the feel is better. I like the fact I can hunt in rain/water! I love the screen on the MX sport over the MXT.

Now the bad the MXT has tons more cheaper coils for it. I think the batts last longer in the MXT. :cool:

I have the MXT and freaking LOVE it!!!! The only dislikes in it for me is if I'm out and it starts raining.....I have to run for cover!!! And it is a chatter box.....wasnt used to that....but now it doesn't bother me....my next detector will probably be the MX Sport......

The sport is pretty powerful and simple to use. If you want to get wet, it's the way to go. I've never used the mxt but know it has a stellar reputation. Early on I went with the dfx. Kinda wish I had gotten the mxt back then.

Love my mxsport. It's a keeper for sure.

when I bought my mx sport the store owner told me its based on the mxt but updated and waterproof, so theres your answer mx all the way

MXT Pro

MXT Pro is an established detector and very versatile and proven Machine

Any Questions Please call
dennis

Make no mistake the MX sport is no MXT power wise, the depth of the MXT with the right coil is as deep as any high end detector out there. I pull dimes at 10"+ out of pounded parks that nobody detects any more and have pulled a couple silver dimes at a full 12" before. HH

i have had my mxt 4 years now

I will never get rid of it. I may not be able to hunt in the rain. but once it gets muddy its not much fun detecting anyway. I have killed it in the coin department since getting this detector and done pretty good in the jewelry department as well. I have also found silver dimes over 10 inches deep with it with the stock 950 coil. sometimes while digging I think that this thing must be going whacky but keep digging and theres the coin. it was my 1st detector and it was easy to learn for me. mine pinpoints great as well with stock coil. either way good luck.

I have had my mxt pro for a few years now and I don't plan on getting rid of it. Of course I have several coils for it too. It's a nice machine that for me was simple to earn and I have never had any problems with it either. It is one you can turn it on and hand it to almost anyone and they are off and swinging. It's a pretty deep detector too as stated in previous posts.
I"m not near the coast very often and don't water hunt so that just doesn't appeal to me that much. I bought a set of covers for my mxt pro a few years back and I leave them on most all of the time. They help protect it from dust and scratches as well as a few drops of rain. If it starts to rain I simply get in out of it until it passes or I return another time. I don't care about standing out in the rain anyway. Who likes walking around in wet clothes anyway? :lol:
I have not tried a sport and have no desire to. I am perfectly happy with my mxt pro. I also have a V3i as well. Both are really good detectors. Good luck in your decision, just go with your gut. HH

Longtime MXT owner and I LOVE it, but I too was tired of running for cover as soon as a rain drop fell.....So just this morning I ordered a MX Sport. I can't wait to swing it!

The Sport has great depth in my opinion. I dug a small brass looking pin smaller than a dime, I know at least 12" deep, sens.@5, using the 950 coil. Not to mention some unidentified small iron at 2 ft. Not knocking the Mxt , good detector with good depth too. Good luck with whatever detector you go with.

Back
Top Bottom