Nokta Impact information

I have to ask those who know

Are nokta detectors any good. There isn't really a lot of info out there. The impact looks good and on kellyco claims to be good but is it just a knockoff. If you have nokta I would like to hear what you think of it. Thanks

They have been around for a while, Nokta and Makro are now the same company.
As for a knock off, no, but i also don't know if they designed their original platform for their earlier detectors, many folk compared the Racer to be a very similar platform to a few other detectors.
But reverse engineering is rife in some parts of the world.

Are nokta detectors any good. There isn't really a lot of info out there. The impact looks good and on kellyco claims to be good but is it just a knockoff. If you have nokta I would like to hear what you think of it. Thanks

Nokta and Makro detectors,,,they haven't been marketed in the USA,,for very long. You can do a google search,,,using Nokta detectors and Makro detectors,,and the companies websites will come up.
You can read about their history.

Not new companies,,,they just waited it seems later,,,to start selling their detectors in the USA.

Nice read so far, have to say that I am on the fence on the Impact.

BTW that odd find on the right (provided we're talking about the same item) is a smashed oil lap part, it held the chimney and adjustable wick.

hh,
Cal

Below is just part of the finds I have found using Impact detector,,,most of these found using smallest coil.
All these found in sites I've busted hard with many other detectors,,coil combos.

Some head to head done as well using other detectors.

Impact detector separates and unmasks nicelY.

Does anyone know what the odd looking find on the right side of pic is??

Also remember when I was hunting these sites with the finds posted here,,I was operating in a dig all nonferrous mentality.

Another hunt,,about 2.5 hours long,,only used the small coil for around 45 minutes.
Same site as yesterday,,,my detector proving grounds I call it.

Only made one find,,,I could here this find in amongst the sea of iron vol reporting,,and ferrous reporting.
Again DI99,, 0 disc,,0 Imask,gain 99, 20khz.

This target,,coil position excruciating critical,,,did see 20 in the meter,,actually if I got perfect and wiggled coil,,a good steady 20 with a very clean mild tone.
Turn 90 degrees,,didn't like what I saw as good.
Turning back on target,,if I got the coil out of position slightly ID was go up,,seen 54 in the window.
A piece of brass, 2 nails recovered first,,,upon replacing plug sweeping,,iron tones still being produced. Some pottery also dug with target.

Remaining time in site was spent using stock coil on Impact,,,same settings as above,,but did vary disc setting,,to listen to ferrous reporting,,how it was affected.
My mission was to try and find one nonferrous target here,,remember this site beat up by myself with some worthy detectors.
If I could find a target,,even close to worthy sounding,,,would do a head to head with Deus wearing9" coil.

I only found one suspect target using Impact for the duration,,,I didn't like it,,but it was the best sounding,,meter presentable thing I got the coil over.
Upon cross checking with Deus,,it too,,told me not to dig,,actually signal using Deus was monstrous,,but had the chop in the audio reporting,,,Impact seemed to only like this suspect target better if coil was hovered moreso.( Still though not a target I would dig unless desperate based on all Intel gathered with coil sweeps and position).

At 6" deep,,a piece.of tin.
I have only I think ever dug 3-4 pieces of tin in this particular site during last 5 plus years.
Beginners or new users of Impact,,I recommend you stay at disc level 3 or higher when hunting these kinds of sites,,using stock coil.
When adjusting disc,,below 3,, detector will get a bit more sparky. Adjusting to level 4 or 5,,,a lot of ferrous audio is gone,,but remember a little higher disc here,,could possibly affect performance in detecting some goodies in sites such as this.

Now,,to be clear here for folks reading. This is honest reporting,,Impact found no,,nonferrous in this site on this one outing while using stock coil,,a hard hunted site.

Posting this data,,shouldn't necessarily reflect bad on the Impact detector here,,wearing stock coil.

I have a site I've hunted strictly with only Etrac and 10x12 SEF coil,,,a White's xlt may have been in there with stock coil,,I don't know.
But will be hunting with Impact with stock and smaller coils,,and may do some head to heads and report.

I only found 4 wheaties on my hunt there previously.

Here is the pic of the piece of tin.
Penny in pic for scale.

Last edited:
I may have said something in error in this thread earlier.

When a person does ground balance,,,seems there is about an 8 second delay,,before detector cycles so a person can begin hunting. And also if you do a manual set of ground balance by pushing trigger forward,,releasing and dialing in your ground phase number.

When a person changes frequencies,,,this process is faster than 8 seconds for transition.

Deep mode

Some folks may be wondering about it.
Remember my ground here at lower elevations shows 2 bars on Impact,,,,Fisher F75 this equates to it seems 4bars.

At higher elevation here,,,I see 3 bars on Impact in the places I've been,,this equates to 5bars on F75.

So what does all this mean.as far as deep mode.

Before I comment further here,,,I don't know the scaling used bar wise for reporting mineral levels on Impact.

Based on use,,and testing,where I have seen 2 bars or more in the meter,,,when ground balancing over clean ground,,,deep mode is restricted,,,IMO no advantage to using,,,other than the fact it will report a target (both nonferrous and ferrous-Iding as ferrous) deeper,,,coil height here can be increased over other modes detector being used and still get a signal. I don't know electronically what happens when deep mode is selected,,one more possible purpose of using deep mode in higher mineral ground,,might be to use to mitigate emi,,,due to having to run lower gain,,meaning a person might be able to get some (a portion) of their depth loss back with deep on when having to run a lower gain to due EMI.

This what I see here,,,is exactly what the Fisher F75,,,Aka signum, Makro Racer 2,,etc,,,,all do.
Using boost in higher mineral soil,,,the mineral holds the detector back in reporting actual nonferrous targets as nonferrous.

A 9" clad dime comes through great signal wise using stock coil in 2 bars indicated ground here.
Haven't tried 3 bars yet,,but I figure this should negatively affect depth even moreso.

A 9.75" deep clad dime,,,using DI99,.. Will get through in 2 bars ground here,,better flush it pretty good with coil though. Haven't tried all other modes.
I have not dug any 10" deep clad or silver dimes,,using F75se,,F75dst,White's V3i, Deus with either 9 or 11" coils,,Makro .racer 1 or 2,,Nokta CORe,,,all these wearing stock coils in any of my sites around here.
I have dug a few using Minelab CTX,,and etrac.

I have 2 other detectors that might get one,,,aka signum,,and explorer XS,,but I don't use them or haven't used them enough to rate fairly,,when talking about a 10"deep dime,,be it silver or clad.

Again honest reporting.
And this info posted not talking about All Metal use.

Last edited:
Boost mode is best used 4 inches or better above the ground,on any machine equipped with a boost or turbo mode.When your coil is flush with the ground it saturates everything and distorts the signal.Its best suited in high grass or anywhere your coil is 4 inches above the dirt.

Boost mode is best used 4 inches or better above the ground,on any machine equipped with a boost or turbo mode.When your coil is flush with the ground it saturates everything and distorts the signal.Its best suited in high grass or anywhere your coil is 4 inches above the dirt.

In higher than low mineral,,yes,,might help a person.

But I highly suspect in milder ground,,you go to deep mode,,5khz,,Impact likely deeper,,,and this is with coil being swept at normal heights above ground.

Unfortunately I Don't have any natural ground like this.
I do have a river/lake beach with sand (sand has been hauled in)..I could go down there and bury a clad dime and check,,,but this test might not help many folks out really.

And not all boost is created equal on detectors either.
For example,,BIG difference between the older F75s with boost (non DST) vs the newer F75ltd units (DST) with boost.

Hardly any coil height advantage with newer units here vs the older.

Played around today with the All Metal modes.

I really think,,,since they can be fast toggled to go from,,and go to,,,some folks may actually start using AM on this detector should they purchase,,especially those folks who live where ground minerals are higher.

I will be commenting more on these in coming days.

Changing coils

I'm sure the manufacturer will have a very good manual to explain how to do this.

I find feeding the coil cable up through lower rod here is both easier and faster,,before attaching coil using bolt.

Doing so relieves tension (cable does not have to be put in such an acute angle) while the cable is being inserted and fed up through lower shaft.

This detector does offer vibration capability for the hearing impaired.
Disc and or notch filter applications can be used here,,,so detector will only for the most part,,vibrate when the coil is passed over target NOT discriminated out or rejected through use of notch filter setting(s).

Detector also has a built in flashlight feature,,,this is handy,,can be beneficial for night hunting,,,keeping the glare away from your eyes,,that many times will happen if you decide to wear one of those head mounted lights for night detecting,

Backlight is adjusted using "Bright" in the settings menu.
Backlight feature here is nice,,can be adjusted to only come on when a target is detected and or any control button is engaged,,to include pinpoint trigger. This is also adjustable for brightness.

There is also an option here,,where user can opt to have backlight on constantly,,again with adjustability for brightness.

Last edited:
Let's talk overload and overload tone here.
There were some complaints on how the overload tone worked on original Makro Racer 1 units.
I think folks can see by the numbers here,,I don't think this is a problem area at all with this detector.

These numbers are using STOCK sized coil.
Btw overload tone is a mild sounding tone, not screeching sounding.

I just checked my unit,,,I used a clad US quarter,,clad US dime,,pull ring (intact), and a pretty good sized piece of iron. Pull ring was also rotated 90 degrees and check,,no real differences noted.
Pic posted below of targets. Ruler in for to show iron size target.
Checks were accomplished using 2 tone mode,,I did check a few targets even using deep mode gain 97, little difference here noted between 2 tone gain 95 setting. If anything a smidge more distance noted between target and coil for overload signal.

First what I wanted to see is how high I could run the gain,,and still be able to sweep the coil over targets,,,by brushing them,,,so for all practical purposes 0 inches air gap here.

I did check in all frequencies,,and yes there are some differences noted.

After this I checked all targets with what I consider hotter gain settings (95) to see coil height above each target before overload was heard.

This is the first set of numbers,,,coil with 0 clearance/brushing target.

Clad quarter....5khz...overload signal not presented gain had to be 35 or lower
14khz..overload signal not presented gain had to be 52 or lower
20khz..overload signal not presented gain had to be 60 or lower

Clad dime........5khz..overload signal not presented gain had to be 59 or lower
14khz.overload signal not presented gain had to be 97 or lower
20khz. overload signal not presented gain had to be 94 or lower

Pull ring(intact). 5khz overload signal not presented gain had to be 39 or lower
14khz overload signal not presented gain had to be 19 or lower
20khz overload signal not presented gain had to be 19 or lower

Did not check the big piece of iron in this fashion.

Next here are the overload distances from coil using 2 tone gain setting 95
These measurements are approximate in inches.

Quarter......5khz......3/4"
14khz.....1/4"
20 kHz....1/4"

Dime.........5khz.....1/4"
14khz....1/4"
20khz..< 1/8"

Pull ring.....5khz.....1"
14 kHz..1.25"
20 kHz...1.5"

Big iron-- all frequencies provided overload at around 3" distance.

Last edited:
Good info TNSS, could you try say a horse shoe and see how close you can get to pickup a quarter beside it.
A one way sweep over the horse shoe and the quarter.
Cheers

Good info TNSS, could you try say a horse shoe and see how close you can get to pickup a quarter beside it.
Cheers

I may try to do with stock coil and smallest coil.

Also,,2 tone mode here for folks.
This mode is one of the deeper modes on detector.

It gives vco audio on targets thought,,,the ones closer to coil.

It is not my favorite overall,,,but here is where it might come in handy for me.

A recently lost ring for example,,,,you can turn gain all the way down to level 1 using 2 tone,,,and surface targets (ring and coin sized) will give the higher pitch squeal of a tone when swept.

A person might even find a lost ring this way,,,and never even have to look at meter.

Just food for thought here.

I am sure folks will figure about there own methods and strategies for using once they get more acquainted.

Cheers

I had better wait on showing this.
Getting close to being a performance video.
Manufacturers rep not given ok for those yet.

Some overload tone data here using smallest coil,,4x7.5"
Altered targets selection here a bit,,see pic.
Large nail,,smaller nail,bottle cap, bigger ring pull,,big piece of iron, clad quarter and clad dime. Ruler in pic to show size of nails.
Again 2 tone gain at 95.
Distances in inches and are approximate.

Quarter....5khz...1/4"
14khz.1/8"
20khz.1/8"

Dime...... 5khz..1/4"
14khz. 1/8"
20khz. 1/8"

Big ring pull... 5khz..1.5"
14khz. 1.25"
20khz. 1.25"

Bigger nail.... 5khz..1.5"
14khz. 1.25"
20khz. 1"

Smaller nail...5khz...3/4"
14khz..5/8"
20khz.1/2"

Cap...............5khz..1"
14khz..1.25"
20khz.. 1.25"

Big iron piece.... All freqs approx 2.5"

Folks should be able to see,,from reviewing this data,,,5khz not your friend in nails and iron,,20khz is definitely superior. 14khz can provide good results too.
And here, I'm talking from an overload perspective,,,this does carry over to other test done with nails and coins,,,same plane,,as well as 3D scenarios,,,and yes it carries over in the field too,,I have witnessed it first hand,,multiple occasions.

These nail readings taken with coil positioned sweeping down the barrel.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of nail and Indian head coin.

I won't comment on this here yet concerning Impact detector.

I think folks will find it interesting though.

Other testers likely will be talking about,,doing videos maybe.

I will comment here in coming days about this.

Ruler in scale to show nail length.

I can say this,,,we as detectorist are lucky IH coins are the conductivity level they are,,if they were as conductive as a zincoln,,,far fewer IH head coins would be found by detectorist in sites loaded with with iron and nails,,,just my opinion of course. Also,,folks should be thinking moreso when looking at test when detectors are compared,,,,from an approaching a challenged target at various angles,,,and also rate on odds of detection of first pass (with coil position ideally positioned and with some error) of coil over challenged target detecting scenario. And yes many times we all hunt sites many times,,from many directions. But when you consider the amount of exact spots even in a 1 ft square piece of ground,,,there are many,,many possibilities here. And this gets multiplied as the site area grows.

Last edited:
Alright a hunt on 2-25-17,,,here is the link if you are interested.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=243621

Another hunt today 2-26-17
An old house,,where a large family was reared,,,12 children. All gone but the baby child,,he's 83 now,,and getting feeble.

House built around turn of 20th century. I have hunted quite a bit.
Before today on all hunts only silver in front yard found,,war nickel.
The rest of the area,,,silver was found 7 merc dimes in the back,,a few wheats too,,on the left side of house a few wheats also.
I found a nice little FFA pin here on the left side of house hunting earlier too.
One thimble in the front yard near well casing,

Before today,,,Detectors used in this site,,,Etrac using 10x12 SEF coil,,,Etrac using 6x8 SEF coil,,Etrac using Sunray 5" coil ( it got me the war nickel),, CTX wearing stock coil,,,Deus wearing 9 (got the thimble) and 11" coils,,,Makro Racer 1 wearing smallest coil,,Nokta CoRe wearing smallest coil (it got me the FFA pin).

All silver was found with Etrac,,the dimes using 10x12sef coil.

So today,,I went back to this site,,,should say this family dirt poor,,,have not even found any signs in yards of any toys,,did dig a hair beret up on the hill behind the house by a big standing rock. This rock used to be used to take pics back in the day.

A real site to test any detector.
I didn't expect to find much,,,but one never knows.

This pic below,,,the finds on the right scored with Impact while wearing smallest coil,,,the finds on the left found with another worthy detector. No head to head done either. Btw equal time was given to both detectors and the same general areas were searched using both detectors.

I really liked the performance of the Impact detector here at this site,,,I used 14khz,,,the coins rolled in with super tone and ID to boot,,,shocking to me actually since they were discovered in the worst part of site from a junk and ferrous standpoint.

Notice the one find on the right ,,non coin,,,it rang in nicely using 14khz,,,this find a little further from the house (not far from where the FFA pin was found).
After it rang up on meter with nice tone,,,going to 5khz,,I noticed the TID stayed at 50-51,, so I knew pretty much it wouldn't be a copper coin,,or silver,,but could be a good mid conductive target,,and sure enough,,,I think it is part of a zipper. Btw most what I call real junk will usually read lower 40s and even lower in 5khz.

Something else I should mention here,,I didn't see any targets here today (junk or lower condcutive like tab/can slaw) try and fool me by the Impact wanting to run up the TID on these with matching TID to boot.

Impressive performance witnessed again today for me.

Last edited:
Additional info.
Last week it was pointed out,,,the current software version update,,,could not be seen physically with detector,,in the screen window.

This morning,,,2-27-17,,,update received via email,,,from manufacturer.
Download complete,,a success.

This detector being updatable and having a concerned/caring manufacturer,,,means a lot IMO.

Be careful of what you wish for.

See this,,and notice who read and responded.

Folks,,,any good ideas,,concerning detectors,,,talk about them here and other places.
One never knows just what might become of your ideas and thoughts.
Even the folks who eventually purchase Impact detector,,,see anything that you think can be made better or corrected,,,just say so.
The manufacturer is all ears here when it comes to improvements.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,99068,99068#msg-99068

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom