• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

50 coin day: "There she blows me bouy!"

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
From the land of the Bluenose.....where ships are made of wood and the men of iron! Now if you believe that you'll believe that a bill has just passed it's third reading in the Lower House and now goes to the Senate stating that Rudolph has to change his nose from red to blue. This should create quite the filibuster there ....that's if any of those bouys ever show up for work at parliament!

Decided that today was a good time to gear up for my upcoming Michigan hunt so I locked and loaded and headed to Falmouth and stopped at Saundra and Charlie's farm. Saundra is always making me coffee so I dropped her off a tin of Tim's regular grind. She is recovering from eye surgery which reminded me to stop at the doctor's and pick up a new orb for Goquickski. After an endless cup of java I hit the field at her sister's place next door.

47b6da06b3127cce88ad0fd733d400000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

First target there was a nice 1913 large cent followed shortly by an old clothes hook which later came in use for the next find! This is a whale of a tale but about 20 minutes later I caught this beautiful piece!

47b6da06b3127cce88ad0fd0b2e300000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Man was that find a "fluke." Upon examining the back (once I got home with the specs in place) I noted the pewter and World Wildlife markings on the back.

47b6da06b3127cce88ad0fd2b2e100000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Getting tired of such a low volume of hits I packed up and drove to Hantsport to get some penny action and hit my 50 coin day which didn't take that long. End result of the day was 50 coins @ $4.76, a lighter, key, hook and the whale pewter.

47b6da06b3127cce88ad0fd533d600000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Arriving home found that our new couch was going to be delayed a week after us throwing out the old one. In it's place on the floor is our big decorative blanket that depicts African wildlife. Just hope Marie doesn't take this as a sign to a prelude for some paganistic fertility ritual or worse...a human sacrifice! Of course I stopped on the way home and shored up my side with a dozen of me Buds!

Of course during the day I was thinking about my upcoming trip to the Christian Metal Detecting Forum annual hunt in Michigan and thought up a slogan for the event ..."I dig Jesus!"

Wow Leslie Those are some nice finds .!! Youre a good seeker .Thank you for the warm welcome too .iM also Christian . God Bless Us all .
I will be putting more pics up also see you guys later Im going to sleep its 1:15 am here in N.Y .

Looks like a whale of a day for you Leslie, That field sure looked like a nice place to hunt. I can smell the coffe from here. Its the nector that keeps us going. G.B. smg

Another 50 coin day! Way to go Les! Leave some for the rest of us to find while your visiting with Mr Bud, lol! HH!

Back
Top Bottom