precious metals

smg

Be it silver, Platinum, , gold or palladium, If gold hit 800 or whatever in the Early 80's. With inflation, It is going to hit a record high, Those who have invested are in the drivers seat.If they can have faith and wait for it to peak. Some reliable sources estimate that it may hit around 2000 an oz.by the end of next year. Its changing every day and theres a rush on for gold right now. It will become supply and demand.
I had gotten several people to take a chance and they are freaking out over what they bought it for, and what spot is now. It is shocking, but we'll pay for it in other ways.
Silver is also a good bet , but not as active , nor expensive as gold.. But it is a good investment also. You can get ounce pieces at about 15 bucks max. and its going to go up just like gold, but not as high, but for lower income investors its a winner. Platinum is scary ,cause it jumps 50-100 dollars in a day. Plus to lay out over a grand for a small piece of metal seems ludicrous. But its the reality of the situtation.
I am not saying its a sure bet, there is risk on anything. I read where one company is selling rather low,1.5% over spot. but when it comes to resale, they want 30% on coins. 5% on bullion. It can be confusing and you can get rooked. So be carefull. Just thought I'd pass on what I see happening in that sector of finance. smg

Usually you can ask a coin dealer , if he or she has gold bullion,ask what they charge over spot. Also ask about resale..
You can get Krugerrands to Canadian maple leafs. There are about 5-10 different standard gold types of bullion, some are those cool ingots, most are 1 ounce coins. In some areas gold is not very accessable and so a higher price is paid for their acquisition. i think of what a person spends on frivolous stuff, and I have found that gold is tangible. You can hold it preferably in a safety deposit box. And wait. It is something that you invest for the semi-long haul. I check everyday twice a day/ except weekends. It has gone from 400 an ounce last summer to seven hundred and 40 thereabouts now.I figure a 350 dollar profit/per coin on money that was earning 2% interest is allot more tempting.
There are big gold dealers, but they are out to make a buck, just by looking on this ones site, a person called me and said they were my personal gold buying assistant. I was ' like who are you, and I will handle it myself, They get a percentage for steering you into investing with their outfit.
Go to an independent dealer, you should pay only 1.5% over spot at most and as they get to know you the price will go down. This is from my experience. If you want to dump, you can fetch a pretty penny from ebay, just make sure your paid before you send your shipment to whoever. smg

what about silver. Is it good to buy as coins or little bars...whats the best or does it matter?

Korban said:
what about silver. Is it good to buy as coins or little bars...whats the best or does it matter?

If things come down to it, using gold and silver for currency, having the coins would be the way to go because you would have different sizes (denominations) and smaller sizes. Coins are a specified amount of precious metal and when bars are cut up (again for currency purposes) trade becomes hampered by the controversy of the size/purity of the metal. Large coins and bars would also be difficult for a merchant to make change for.

Gold coins seem to grab a higher premium in the end but silver is pretty much the same wether it is bars or coins for the common small denominations. Silver Dollars grab a slight premium BUT that may change as the price continues to soar.

If you are only investing and not worried about a financial collapse, the choice is yours. However, I will plan for both simultaneously and collect the coins :yes:

LC

I don't know where every one is from, I went to banks first and they were dumbfounded when I brought up buying gold, I found a coin and precious metals dealer, any town over 30 thousand will have one, I would figure.
Coins are more collectable,for the collector,you have to figure in rarity, shape its in, etc... but when it comes to buy and sell, bullion you get your best return on.
You can get ounces of silver for a little over 15 dollars, They are expected to go to 50 an ounce, easy. But you have to play the waiting game. all indicators show it will be a good venture. smg

there are collector coins and there are bullion coins. i don't mess with collector coins, myself. i like the maple leaf because it is as fine as gold gets, comes in exactly one ounce or a fraction of an ounce.

if you are really interested i suggest using a search engine for one or more of these. C.N.I., Blanchards, or Goldline. personnaly, i use C.N.I., but the others are well established businesses.

Phantom , you've said it in a way I was having a hard time putting, it. I use gold line for my quotes and daily updates, I know that there are the buyers/sellers and those who collect coins for the sake of a year, type,condition. I too am in it for profit. Maple leafs are real nice along with the philharmonics, and panda's They are all different countries version of the ounce piece of gold, no year is usually listed or country. They are .999 % pure except for Krugerrands which are a little less. but they weigh more to make up to an ounce of gold. It is an exciting and volatile commodity. smg

weight and content are why i don't buy u.s. coins. i am a gold miner and if i want impure gold i can dig it out of the ground myself. most of the gold i take out of the ground is as pure as a u.s. coin, or better.

for another interesting site dealing with collector coins and silver, rather than gold, try silvertowne. silvertowne is located about 8 miles from my home and operated by one of the famileys that founded this part of the state. they also deal in cattle and other stuff so don't give up if you find the wrong page.

Back
Top Bottom