• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Today’s bottle

That’s awesome. I’ve worked on projects over the years that have exposed lots of great material during excavations. I never cared enough to bring them home and other clients wouldn’t allow it.

Great idea to get placed on that project if you can do it

Nice blob..... 1800’s I wonder how many of those have been dug up by construction crews and thrown away

I’ve done work in Virginia City where the owners won’t let anyone look and the owners don’t either. When you hear bottles breaking it makes you cringe. My co worker said they broke a “brown” bottle on site today but has no idea what it was.

I’ve done work in Virginia City where the owners won’t let anyone look and the owners don’t either. When you hear bottles breaking it makes you cringe. My co worker said they broke a “brown” bottle on site today but has no idea what it was.

I would find a way.

Great bottle. Would be wonderful to have that up on the shelf.

That’s awesome. I’ve worked on projects over the years that have exposed lots of great material during excavations. I never cared enough to bring them home and other clients wouldn’t allow it.

Great idea to get placed on that project if you can do it

I wonder if the reasoning is similar to finding dinosaur bones at a construction site.. for fear that some archeologist could shut the site down for "historical purposes" until THEY could evaluate it. Easier for them to just not allow any scavenging I suppose..

I wonder if the reasoning is similar to finding dinosaur bones at a construction site.. for fear that some archeologist could shut the site down for "historical purposes" until THEY could evaluate it. Easier for them to just not allow any scavenging I suppose..

Yes most likely why. I do know a few construction workers who have saved a bottle or three.

If anyone ever sees this bottle filled dirt being trucked away to a remote site, try to check the piles. Many a great bottle has been rescued this way!

Yes. With section 106 of the army corps permit, you’ll have an archaeologist clear the sites and also have an “unexpected discoveries” plan. If it’s not a project that required federal permits, it’s essentially a free for all as far as reporting goes on the ground.

Local construction sites would definitely be the easiest and least scrutinized. On big sites, historical glassware would definitely be reported

Back
Top Bottom