Sa-wat-dee from Thailand

detectingthai

New to this forum but not new to one up-manship so I'll do my best.

This is a great forum and thank you to all who have contributed. I'm ex US Army and US Coast Guard in my former life and now am a teacher here in Thailand for the last 13 years.

I found out about this website from another ex Army guy in Khon Kaen that retired here and a thank you to him for that.

Any of you guys coming through here, drop me a line and I'll try to help you out.

Welcome aboard detectingthai..... I do love Thai cooking... in fact, got a Thai cookbook as a gift today. All tips appreciated (either MD or cooking). HH RickO

thanks

Thanks for the welcome.

Nice vet Top, looks fast.

Rick, the fastest way to learn Thai cooking is come over here and eat it and maybe pick yourself out a nice "instructor". Plenty to go around. Bring your MD and a passport and you are all set as you don't need a visa for a 30 day visit, just buy a ticket and they will stamp it in your passport at the airport in Bangkok.

To the others, retired, ex, current or otherwise, service members, soldiers, firemen, rescue from whatever branches, MD hunters, hunters, fishermen, outdoorsmen and women, anti-big govt. believers - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thanks detectingthai. I lived in Seattle for twenty years... and there is a significant Thai population there... really grew to like the food. Would love to visit, will consider that for a future trip. RickO

Back
Top Bottom