A special coin and some re-hashed advice

IDXMonster

Elite Member
Knowing that the first year(last year) with the CTX, it managed to find 88 silver coins for 2016, I set the goal of 100 for this year. How fitting that this coin is number 100...1945 Merc.
Dewsweeper(Brad) texted me this morning and asked how things were going. I told him I was hovering on 99 and I was going to wait for a half dollar signal for number 100. Of course that's ludicrous...he told me to go dig #100 and coast the rest of the season. And I thought about that. A lot. I was on the way to see my Dad so I had a good long drive to have that roll around in my head.
The number of old coins someone finds is always a good measure of their skills, and the ability of their machine...the combination is what really counts. Some people have more time, some people make more time, some people knock doors, some never....
None of it means a thing unless you're enjoying what you're doing. Some days I've wondered why I was out there, other days I didn't want to leave. We always take the good with the bad. Knowing your machine, putting yourself on sites with potential, and putting in the time that you have...that's what makes a good season, whether you have 5 "good" coins or 500. It's all those small fascinating stops along the way that make up the bigger picture which is detecting.
As the saying goes..."The REAL treasure is in the hunt". And it absolutely is.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 296
Congrats on #100. I dont think Ive found that many in my hobbies lifetime.

Well said congratulations 100 is a milestone for sure I've set my goal for this year for 50 so far I have 33. I still have two more months will give it hell good luck mark. Ps by the way you were correct going to an open screen with the E Trac the threshold does return but it sounds like a symphony of iron however I do get some high tones like hunting in two-tone Ferrous thank you

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

That's big news Kev 👍. Just think ... 100 of this little buggers !
If you dug nothing but silvers just think how long it would take to dig 100 holes in a row.
🤔
Let's not forget that big Morgan either . Or that sweet stander .
amaizing !!!
Your a stud .
Congradulations buddy .
It's. Beutiful merc . Still the most beutiful coin ever made .
HH, Dew

Congrats on number 100! I'm 6 shy of my goal of 72 this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on reaching your goal. Heck I think I may be a 4 FTY. I'm happy with it, my goal is to just get out once or twice for a few hours each week. I couldn't imagine pulling 100 or them in a year. Maybe once I retire.

congrats on the Big 100 my friend. Great accomplishment for a super guy!

Thank you very much Mike. You guys(and you know who "you guys" are) have helped me to realize much of the capability of the CTX. I'm nowhere NEAR conquering all it has to offer but have been able to unlock a lot of the magic with some of your really solid advice. It makes detecting very fun,just as going deer hunting with a super nice accurate rifle does.
Let me know when you have some time for a fall hunt,the time is getting closer and closer to that dreaded lock up! Any weekend will work for me,just say the word...

Congrats on #100. I dont think Ive found that many in my hobbies lifetime.

Thanks TJ! You say ball parks are your friends....if you can hunt the entire outfield of an OLD ball park and you can get to that 8-10" level you WILL see your old coin count SKYROCKET! It's the same wherever I go...OLD ballfield=deep silver. Done and done. Whatever you do,have a blast doing it!:grin:

Well said congratulations 100 is a milestone for sure I've set my goal for this year for 50 so far I have 33. I still have two more months will give it hell good luck mark. Ps by the way you were correct going to an open screen with the E Trac the threshold does return but it sounds like a symphony of iron however I do get some high tones like hunting in two-tone Ferrous thank you

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Keep up the good work Mark. If you can tune your ears so that the iron IS just like a background threshold,you'll see the magic in an open screen. It's not necessary everywhere,and in some places I think it's counter-productive,but if you want to KNOW what's in the ground without the nulling...open screen.
Good luck to your goal,just put yourself in a site with potential,that's all I can offer without taking a plane ride!:grin:

That's big news Kev 👍. Just think ... 100 of this little buggers !
If you dug nothing but silvers just think how long it would take to dig 100 holes in a row.
🤔
Let's not forget that big Morgan either . Or that sweet stander .
amaizing !!!
Your a stud .
Congradulations buddy .
It's. Beutiful merc . Still the most beutiful coin ever made .
HH, Dew

Well hell,it's big news to ME anyway!:grin: There have been some really good finds this year,I've been very fortunate in that regard. Starting out with a bang didn't hurt. Being able to keep everyone's advice in my mental toolbox has done me really well,for what I do.
Stud?:lol: OK,only because you say so though.:grin: Keep the clan in mind for our fall hunt,and we are going to have to get ahold of GroundHog to have him come and claim his "Old Coin Contest" prize!
The Mercs are a gorgeous,artistic coin. Totally my favorite dime,including Seated.

Back
Top Bottom