Tom Petty

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Looks like 2017 may claim another.......

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-petty-found-unconscious-full-cardiac-arrest/

1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a "do not resuscitate" order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live through the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.

12:30 PM PT -- We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.

Very sad, I listen to his radio show at work it's pretty good and somewhat ironically It's called the Buried Treasure show, even has a short but catchy buried treasure theme song. He will be missed.

I've now heard from three different places, he's still alive???

<°)))>{

Well, he was in full cardiac arrest when found, rushed to the hospital, put on life support...but family has a "do not resuscitate order", so he was pulled off life support shortly ago. That was the last I heard.

LAPD said he died 5 hours ago, then retracted it. Whatever happens, it won't end good or last long.

It was sad to hear that Tom Petty died. I held out hope during all of the confusion but knew it would not be good even if he had lived. My daughter is a cardiology nurse so I have heard a lot of stories similar to this.

As my tag name implies, I enjoy music, a wide variety of music. Tom Petty was one of my favorite rockers. He was a fantastic and prolific song writer. It says a lot when a song writing icon such a Bob Dylan considered Tom an equal and a friend.

That he died is all the more saddening in light of the fact that he was preparing to record a new album with the Heartbreakers. Who knows what we have missed.

RIP Tom Petty. I will always have your CD's and albums to listen to.

Last edited:
RIP Tom Petty. Hands down one of the best. Sad to hear he has truly had his Last Dance With Mary Jane.

Back
Top Bottom