Road Apples!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
While I was out today hunting I came across a catastrophe of applellectic proportions! It seems some semi driving Hayseed AppleJack lost control on the rain slick roads and busted his trailer open like some sort of diesel powered Fruit Pinata!:laughing:

Johnny Law was there in full bad weather regalia, cute little plastic shower caps etc...Not wanting to be any trouble, I took note of the exit and backroad access point and went back after everyone was gone...One little fence separated me from the succulent and free abundance! In no time at all I was back over and on my way to the house with a modest load! I bet every raccoon and opossum that travels that ditch will be having the 'green apple splatters' all Winter!

It reminded me of the Gordon Lightfoot 'Edmund Fitzgerald' song, except with apples, and I sort of made it all up on the way home and sung it to myself!

"The weather was sick and the highway was slick when a Semi truck done lost its traction....With a load of Winesap she was heavy as krapp and the trucker had no other option....She hit the ditch and busted and pitched apples all over the transom!...

A plucky young Lad neither half good or bad made a raid in a furious fashion...He scooped up the loot and commenced to scoot to the safe harbor waiting before him!:laughing:

Attachments

• oct 23-17-1.jpg
    oct 23-17-1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 464
  • oct 23-17-2.jpg
    oct 23-17-2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 477
  • oct 23-17-3.jpg
    oct 23-17-3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 451
Mud those are some beauties! WTG on the taking! You must be part vulture swooping in to take whatever avails itself on the highway LOL...

Your one of the Last American Men Mudd... slicing up road kill turkeys and now apples. And you do it with style and finess, I applaud you!

To the clad stabbin' apple grabber!

Hip, hip, hoorah! Hip, hip, hoorah, Hip, hip, Oooh, look, there's a nickle! Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk! :D

All hail the Bard of FMDF!

Personally, I'd make a cobbler and save one or two to grill with some pork.

:cooking:

Happy eating!

Thanks Friends! I went and did a 'price check' this morning! Holy Smokes! Beephead was right! I better hustle back on out there! I could set up a table at the corner and make some good money!! Especially since one apple weighs a pound! Its like a Brinks truck spilled $2 coins all over the place!

For giggles, I just did a Google search "How many pounds of Apples in a Semi trailer?" Low and behold, just about a year ago right here, one semi truck had a wreck and spilled 149,000 lbs of apples! Its a wonder why you dont hear about fruit trucks getting hijacked with this valuable cargo! Its not like they have armed guards or anything? Its not like you can easily trace a stolen apple? They all pretty much look the same!

I can understand why nobody would hijack a banana boat...those things dont have much of a shelf life and are basically worthless!:laughing:

Attachments

• apples-1.jpg
    apples-1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 339
  • apples-2.jpg
    apples-2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
:laughing: !!!! MUD, Those are the real road APPLES. The ones we get around here are from the Amish horses. They have too many worms in them. WE just run over them and make them into road apple pancakes.
You are the road kill KING..
Take care. KEN :D

Coincidentally, my wife brought home some 'Honey Crisp' and 'Sweet Tango' apples from the grocery this past Saturday so I could try something different, as we normally buy 'Gala'.

To me 'Sweet Tango's' are a bit sweeter than 'Honey Crisp', but both were delicious and a little softer and easier to chew than 'Gala'. My favorite is the 'Sweet Tango'.

ToddB64

Funny post Mud!! lol...hey, i saw the article on the news here in kazoo. I was right behind you, not picking up the apples, but setting up my deer blind...now its hurry up and wait...DNR might try to bust me for baiting with more then a 5 gallon pails worth of apples!! I,ll just say "wasnt my apples"...

Back
Top Bottom