Barber Half, Seated Dime Highlights Last 6 Hunts

jack&jill

Elite Member
Have not had a lot of time lately as between a heavy work schedule I'm readying myself for Vacation the next two weeks. Still a lot of prep work to be done for a two week trap line that will start on this coming Saturday. Hope to get out on any spare time during that span. Anyway the Silver I dug 0ver the last 6 outings that include a soaking adventure that took place yesterday with the infamous Super Hero Dewsweeper894. Four of those hunts took place on a permission that proved to be a great site. Barber half, Seated Dime and a couple of Indians were among the recoveries from those properties. Got a Rosie at the site where IDX Monster and I had been punishing on a return trip from looking at a Boat Motor. Got a Merc and a Rosie and a arrowhead with Dew's between the downpours yesterday. Hope all are enjoying the outdoors. Hope the pictures are pleasing as the wife got me a new camera and I'm just learning how to use it. Jack

Attachments

• 10-22-17-10.jpg
    10-22-17-10.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 430
  • 10-22-17-9.jpg
    10-22-17-9.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 434
  • 10-22-17-8.jpg
    10-22-17-8.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 434
  • 10-22-17-6.jpg
    10-22-17-6.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 10-22-17-5.jpg
    10-22-17-5.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 10-22-17.jpg
    10-22-17.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 10-22-17 1.jpg
    10-22-17 1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 401
  • 10-22-17 3.jpg
    10-22-17 3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 10-22-17 2.jpg
    10-22-17 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 408
  • 10-22-17-7.jpg
    10-22-17-7.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 10-21-17.jpg
    10-21-17.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 412
Wow! You’re killing it. Congrats on the great finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Excellent groups of finds.. congrats

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Great job Trap!! looks like you been doing well with the short time you have...just like me. Awesome digs my friend, miss ya and hope to hook up with you soon. I dont have any weekends off but when you on vacation we should see if we can get a mid week hunt in or two...would be nice to see ya. Oh and your new camera...looks great and glad your figuring it out!!

Good to see you getting out Trapper and finding some awesome coins. The barber half and seated are tough coins to find anywhere and glad to see you pull them. Congrats on the finds.

The Barber and Seated in particular are amazing Trapper! Better get back there pronto! Do you recall what the Barber numbers were with your settings? Those are some nice condition coins too,they should go well with the hoard!
Looking forward to our next outing...:grin:

Congradulations Trapper

Oh my !!!! That seated dime looks incredible ! And a barber half is also still on my bucket list like most.
What a great series of short hunts .
Just silly.
That arrow head spear point ? Looked increadible covered in that muddy mess yesterday but a package came in the mail today and I'll be ready for ya next time out . Looks like I will hafta email Them and see if this spray bottle is made in a larger size.
I do not think the Hoover boys realize how many times I will hafta pull that thing out on a hunt with Trapper Jack. Does cosco sell foo foo in bulk?
I have never seen a guy who can wear down a pinpointer to a 3 inch nub in one season. Some folks rub them on rocks but reeded edges wear them down much faster apparently.
Congradulations Buddy đź‘Ť
HH , Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1603.jpg
    IMG_1603.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 324
Wow! You’re killing it. Congrats on the great finds.
Thank you Jerry, I think we both are doing fairly well this year.
I agree. Excellent groups of finds.. congrats
/QUOTE]
Thanks Pan, I still have one more hunt on the permissions so there might be more to add to the results.
Excellent hunting Jack congrats!
It has been a pretty good year Jeff, I just need to find more time.
Most excellent!
Appreciate the reply Metal.
Great job Trap!! looks like you been doing well with the short time you have...just like me. Awesome digs my friend, miss ya and hope to hook up with you soon. I dont have any weekends off but when you on vacation we should see if we can get a mid week hunt in or two...would be nice to see ya. Oh and your new camera...looks great and glad your figuring it out!!
Very kind words Mike. Know the meaning of very short time. Next weekend I have free is after Thanksgiving. Just hoping to get a few hours for some local hunts until then. Retirement will come for next season so time will be availible after February 9th. I do have lots of vacation for January if the weather allows.

Good to see you getting out Trapper and finding some awesome coins. The barber half and seated are tough coins to find anywhere and glad to see you pull them. Congrats on the finds.
Thank you Jason. The Seated is my second one this year, got a Seated Quarter a few weeks back. The Barber half is my third in my career. The properties where these were dug dates back to the 1880's.
Killer silvers!!!! I’m still in search for my first barber half
Thanks Vic, You keep knocking doors like you been and one will pop out for you.
The Barber and Seated in particular are amazing Trapper! Better get back there pronto! Do you recall what the Barber numbers were with your settings? Those are some nice condition coins too,they should go well with the hoard!
Looking forward to our next outing...:grin:
Thank you Kevin. The Barber Half came in 12-48 one direction and 1-40 at a 45 degree angle. was only down between 6-7 inches. The Seated was the deepest coin on the properties so far at 8-9. and that rang in bouncing 12-39 to 12-44.
Outstanding collection of finds from your past few hunts! Congrats on everything!
Thank you Wave, I'm still hoping there may be a few more left as I have one more hunt on these sites. Jack

Oh my !!!! That seated dime looks incredible ! And a barber half is also still on my bucket list like most.
What a great series of short hunts .
Just silly.
That arrow head spear point ? Looked increadible covered in that muddy mess yesterday but a package came in the mail today and I'll be ready for ya next time out . Looks like I will hafta email Them and see if this spray bottle is made in a larger size.
I do not think the Hoover boys realize how many times I will hafta pull that thing out on a hunt with Trapper Jack. Does cosco sell foo foo in bulk?
I have never seen a guy who can wear down a pinpointer to a 3 inch nub in one season. Some folks rub them on rocks but reeded edges wear them down much faster apparently.
Congradulations Buddy đź‘Ť
HH , Dew
Like always with Super Hero's they come to the rescue. Again Dew's you are coming to mine. After saving my worthless hide out there in the gale force rainstorms you then provide nourishment to restore my energy levels so I can at least attempt to move. Then you build my feeble mental state so high that I can not fail. Besides that you are a very good friend. Thank you.
Always finding that silver like a boss...quality digs Trapper, especially the big Barber and Seated Dime. Congrats!
Thanks Bruce, I'm glad I handed the gentleman my card a few months back. One investment that has paid me back well. One more hunt there yet.
great pictures. Beautiful seated dime.
Thank you Tom, I'm still learning the camera but it really has done pretty good for me so far.

Lots of nice finds!!!
Thank you Sean. I hope I can dig another 8 silvers just to reach the century mare again this year. Jack

Very nice hunt! The coins are in great condition... :wow2: Love the arrowhead, too!

Back
Top Bottom