A special coin and some re-hashed advice

Congrats on number 100! I'm 6 shy of my goal of 72 this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks JP! You'll get your goal,no doubt. It's fun to have something to shoot for, it it has to be reasonable and within your reach. My guess is you'll go well beyond 72,hopefully with some really odd ones! Maybe a Bust of some kind?:grin:

Congrats on reaching 100 man! That's a helluva year and you still got a couple of months left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot my friend,it's been some work! If only there were all kinds of sites like your "field of dreams"....and I knew where they were! Until then,it's a continued learning process,and I enjoy the learning and "a-ha" moments as much as the coins themselves. I can't speak for the Deus,but the CTX has been the closest thing to MAGIC as I've seen yet!:grin: I hope to see some more finds from your area soon...

Congrats on hitting the century mark, that’s awesome! This hobby is awesome and I can tell how much you enjoy it.

Thanks a million Jason! I do enjoy it immensely,the Minelab machines have turned this hobby into an adventure every time out. Like you,I spend time doing it and we both see results,as do many others. Now if only I could hunt year round like some people!:grin: THAT would really be something!
Keep up the great finds out there,many more just out there waiting...

:thumbsup: Congrats on a great milestone!

Thank you X! I hope you're getting along with that CTX as well as I have. Just when you think,"Wow,this thing could see THAT?"...it will blow your mind in ways it hasn't been blown before. I know you have different coins to go after,but it will amaze you the more it's in your hand. Have a lot of fun when you go,it's easy to do with such a capable machine!

Congrats on reaching your goal. Heck I think I may be a 4 FTY. I'm happy with it, my goal is to just get out once or twice for a few hours each week. I couldn't imagine pulling 100 or them in a year. Maybe once I retire.

T-Man...you have had some of the funniest one line responses to posts I've ever read,thanks for that! All of us have different goals and amounts of time to go hunting...and if it all fits then it's perfect. Nobody's going to throw me a parade no matter the coin count,it's something I believed I could do and was lucky enough to do it. It's internal. Now,sitting here typing,it's rainy...kinda sucks outside right now. But Ill likely go hunting,because it's what a I love to do. Hopefully you'll get some time and good weather to do the same when you can!

Very well put. Congrats on 100th Silver.

Thanks a lot TBW! It is possible,but it's a lot of work! The guys who do it year after year can certainly attest to that! On advice from another,I'm in "coast" mode now,it'll still be very interesting to see what is out there!
If you're pretty new to detecting,which your post count may or may not indicate...just hunting ALOT will teach you many things you cannot read about. Good luck in the rest of 2017!

Thank you X! I hope you're getting along with that CTX as well as I have. Just when you think,"Wow,this thing could see THAT?"...it will blow your mind in ways it hasn't been blown before. I know you have different coins to go after,but it will amaze you the more it's in your hand. Have a lot of fun when you go,it's easy to do with such a capable machine!

So far I'm really liking this machine, and I'm learning more and more each time I go for a hunt. Last weekend I played around with X-Change2 and found it awesome how you can create new patterns on there, and then load them onto the detector!

Savor this one Kevin, as it is a well earned plateau. Your dedication and commitment to this hobby is paying off bigtime. Dew's said you wanted this one to be big Silver but reaching the century mark is big Silver. I still hope that the weather holds out and I can still accomplish joining you at this level. Congrat's my friend on a great year and for the willingness to share the knowledge. Trapper

Big congrats bud! Its been a great ride! Here's to the next 100 :beers:

I see you're sneaking right up there too Jeff,it HAS been a lot of fun just to see if my own situation,sites and skills would allow it. I think a lot of this stuff WE make happen by making the right decisions from site selection to target selection...dig/no dig. Of course the biggest thing is TIME. As long as we all get out of it what we want,it's all good! Get crackin' now!:grin:

Savor this one Kevin, as it is a well earned plateau. Your dedication and commitment to this hobby is paying off bigtime. Dew's said you wanted this one to be big Silver but reaching the century mark is big Silver. I still hope that the weather holds out and I can still accomplish joining you at this level. Congrat's my friend on a great year and for the willingness to share the knowledge. Trapper

Well I seem to recall a couple years ago that I was able to see you pull a Rosie,number 200 for 2015! That was a sight to see,as it always is when we go. As long as work doesn't keep you too long I have no doubt you'll be along shortly at the same place. As long as we do NOT go to that same park in Jefferson or anywhere in Whitewater there's hope!:lol:
Speaking of knowledge...the same hunt in 2015 is when I first even SAW a CTX,and by the results you were having I knew I had to get one. I'm not going to post the pic here,but working lines and gridding as you do a lot of the time paid me HUGE today. Thanks as always for being a great mentor. Without the intro to the CTX and help along the way I don't think this thread would exist!
Get all that picking and canning done so we can go longer!:grin:

Congrats on the 100 that's awesome!

Thanks Craig! Let me know if you have the time to come over this way in the next couple weekends,we might try to get something together.
I've been very fortunate in the way of finding coins,I owe every bit of it to a great machine and some damn good direction along the way! But now...it's just coasting...:grin:

Thanks Craig! Let me know if you have the time to come over this way in the next couple weekends,we might try to get something together.
I've been very fortunate in the way of finding coins,I owe every bit of it to a great machine and some damn good direction along the way! But now...it's just coasting...:grin:

Sounds good I'll let u know

Back
Top Bottom