Amazon sales of at max vs equinox 600 and 800

Thats not the history I have read. Minelab started out in commercial sales by creating gold detectors for the Australian outback. They also sold them to the US, although they probably had a very tiny customer base back then. I wouldnt be surprised if they were also selling those first detectors around the world, not just in AUS and USA.

I read if not mistaken, Aussies were behind USA on first run of detectors.
And seems France were on the tail end behind most or all.

Seems Minelab ensured USA got most or all of first run of released Equinox.

Detector prospector forum has Aussies who post and I think this is what they were posting. They didn’t have their units but I sure had mine.

Here info when Russia was supposed to get first batch. Some folks in USA already had Noxes.
https://www.detectorprospector.com/...h-equinox-600800-arriving-in-russia-feb-28th/

Equinox picked up in Canada. Poster also comments Equinox available in New Zealand.
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/5450-equinox-lands-in-canada/

Last edited:
For $2500, you can download a 114 page report that will answer all your questions.

https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5377518/global-metal-detector-market-2018-2022.html

Meanwhile, I can tell you that by far the largest segment of the market is that for security/industrial metal detectors, and that North America is the largest revenue region.

I'm sure that for some of the companies that make detectors, the hobbyist market is not that important.

it is they guy swinging the machine

I hear ya Ben,and not to get into which machine is better,,you gotta understand that even if the equinox is better at somthing than the at pro,that don’t stop the at pro users from finding tons of great finds.Same would apply from the f44 from fisher which i think is waterproof also,,even if the at pro was better it wouldn’t stop the f44 guys from finding cool stuff every outing.

So that’s why I think you got so many dedicated users of certain machines,cause it really don’t matter to most which machine does what better,,that only seems to matter most to guys on the forums.I talk to a lot of guys who swing and are not on any Forums’,,and honestly they don’t give another machine a second thought.Theyre just comfy using what they’ve been using,making good finds and passing time.I do agree with you on Garrett not getting dethroned in the market for the simple fact they were out first,that’s it.If another all purposely machine would have hit the market before Garrett it would be that machine with the household name.

On all three machines you mentioned, it depends on the guy doing the swinging. The guy with the most experienced will out hunt those with less experience. It also comes down to dedication. We have a young man here in Atlanta, Britain Lock hart who has more finds than most adults in our area. He knows his machines, does his research and goes where the targets are located. He would have the same results if he was using any detectors you mentioned. check him out on youtube if you want to see this young man in action.

I care about what I swing. The rest is worthless information.

Back
Top Bottom