Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Member links

Old 01-27-2018, 02:15 PM

Default Top silver countdown 2017 - great lakes dirt fishing

Hey guys,

Been awhile since ive posted on here and i know its kinda late for a top silver 2017 countdown but ive been busy. I posted this video on YouTube a few weeks ago and i forget to upload it onto here. Its my countdown of all my silver finds for the year from my channel (Great Lakes Dirt Fishing). So please check it out and like and subscribe to my channel if you have not already. Thank you all and Happy Hunting for 2018.

Chris,
GLDF

P.S. i have trouble using youtube wrap text button on here and was wondering if there was a secret to getting it to work so i dont have to just post the URL to my page. Also if your a YouTuber and need more subs ill gladly sub back to your channel. Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/iAzWvK6CN4E
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2018, 02:20 PM

Nice finds man!

(2)Gold jewelry

Old 01-27-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by WyoTom View post
Nice finds man!
Thanks Wyo

Old 01-27-2018, 07:46 PM

Nice finds!

Where in MI are you?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wloch248 View post
Nice finds!

Where in MI are you?
NW lower peninsula (Petoskey area)

Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Diggin'Michigan View post
Cool. I vacation up at a friends cabin in Vanderbilt a few times a year.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:06 PM

Cool. I vacation up at a friends cabin in Vanderbilt a few times a year.
Do you bring your detector with you?

Old 01-27-2018, 10:36 PM

Do you bring your detector with you?
Yes, have taken it to Thumb Lake without much success. Also around his property with just clad and junk found. There is an old stone structure down the road to his place that I have stopped at but had no luck because the weeds and grass were too overgrown.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:49 AM

Yes, have taken it to Thumb Lake without much success. Also around his property with just clad and junk found. There is an old stone structure down the road to his place that I have stopped at but had no luck because the weeds and grass were too overgrown.
Man thats awesome i have hunted the thumb lake area TONS of times. Not too far down the road is a old CCC camp off of CCC rd. its from the 1800s. I have hunted standard lake campsites off standard lake rd as well and the thumb lake beachsite. Please get ahold of me if your in the area.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Elite Member

Hmmm I wonder if that was you a saw swinging a atpro at the hotel beach on crooked lake in Alanson like 4 years ago?!?! I grew up in levering and went to school in pelston. Still have family up there and usually try and get up there in the fall to visit. I will log in and sub you later today. Next time Iím up there we should try and get together and do a couple of videos. Iíve always wanted to try and find a old logging camp by bliss and sturgeon Bay Area. Do me a favor and stop into the Brutus camp deli and have one of their breakfasts for me!

Old 01-28-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by coin chaser View post
Hmmm I wonder if that was you a saw swinging a atpro at the hotel beach on crooked lake in Alanson like 4 years ago?!?! I grew up in levering and went to school in pelston. Still have family up there and usually try and get up there in the fall to visit. I will log in and sub you later today. Next time Iím up there we should try and get together and do a couple of videos. Iíve always wanted to try and find a old logging camp by bliss and sturgeon Bay Area. Do me a favor and stop into the Brutus camp deli and have one of their breakfasts for me!
This is bizzare.. Im an electrician and me and my boss had lunch at Brutus camp and deli just last week!!!! Im hardly up that way so i would have to say no to that being me in alanson however one of my old coworkers told me about a guy who detects up in alanson since he used to live in that town. For sure we will detect and collaborate when your up this way!!!

Old 01-28-2018, 12:47 PM

Man thats awesome i have hunted the thumb lake area TONS of times. Not too far down the road is a old CCC camp off of CCC rd. its from the 1800s. I have hunted standard lake campsites off standard lake rd as well and the thumb lake beachsite. Please get ahold of me if your in the area.

Can do! We usually have a few weekends during the summer. I would love to get out to some new places up there.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Elite Member

This is bizzare.. Im an electrician and me and my boss had lunch at Brutus camp and deli just last week!!!! Im hardly up that way so i would have to say no to that being me in alanson however one of my old coworkers told me about a guy who detects up in alanson since he used to live in that town. For sure we will detect and collaborate when your up this way!!!
Thatís a cool place to sit and have a bite to eat! I missed the boat the one year up there. I realized right before I left they were digging out and redoing the main road that runs along the south side of the park in harbor springs. Man I wish I could have got to that. Being a electrician do you ever do work out on the point in harbor springs? Itís gotta be a gold mine out there but not a place you can just go since itís gated and private to people other then owners.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by coin chaser View post
Thatís a cool place to sit and have a bite to eat! I missed the boat the one year up there. I realized right before I left they were digging out and redoing the main road that runs along the south side of the park in harbor springs. Man I wish I could have got to that. Being a electrician do you ever do work out on the point in harbor springs? Itís gotta be a gold mine out there but not a place you can just go since itís gated and private to people other then owners.
Yeah some of those old gated communities would be a gem to detect. I have never been able to meet any owners to get permission but everytime i do work in the area im sure to ask. I did work on old hotel in harbor springs that is only availible to the richest of rich who vacation up here in the summer. We just did some work on the terrace inn in bay view (petoskey). This is an old establishment with 400 early victorian houses right off the shore of grand traverse bay. If i could get permission to even one of those houses i would be greatful.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Elite Member

Yeah some of those old gated communities would be a gem to detect. I have never been able to meet any owners to get permission but everytime i do work in the area im sure to ask. I did work on old hotel in harbor springs that is only availible to the richest of rich who vacation up here in the summer. We just did some work on the terrace inn in bay view (petoskey). This is an old establishment with 400 early victorian houses right off the shore of grand traverse bay. If i could get permission to even one of those houses i would be greatful.
Yeah I would like to see what the law is about in the lake. I think they only own up to the high water mark. That would mean you could be out in the water detecting. And as you said those places have been owned by very rich people going way back.