• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Wich Pinpointer?

wilco

Been thinking about getting my first pinpointer before the weather warms up. I planned on a Garrett Carrot for no particular reason other than they're popular, but now I see Fisher & Tek have released a new pinpointer. Anyone have feedback on these new pinpointers? How do they compare with the Carrot? I do most of my detecting in cellar holes and old house sites in central Ma. The soil around here can be wet and rocky so durability and waterproofing are important. (Not even sure the carrots waterproof. .forgot to look...?) I'll be using a T2se if that matters.

I can't comment on the others but Iv'e had a carrott going on three years now and I wouldn't think of replacing it with another, Iv'e used it in and out of the water too and never had any issues with it.

Like the

Garrett Carrot, however i just got the new ML Pro Find 35, a new feature is nice , ferrous signal, lets you know were the iron is, happy hunting , this will be a game changer , and will save time, Earl

Garrett Carrot, however i just got the new ML Pro Find 35, a new feature is nice , ferrous signal, lets you know were the iron is, happy hunting , this will be a game changer , and will save time, Earl

Let us know your field use thoughts. From what I've seen seems mostly ineffective and has that weak minelab audio/vibrate still. Haven't heard from anyone I know using them though to know what they really are like.

I can say the F-Pulse and Tek-Point exceeded my expectations. If you are used to Garrett Pro Pointer AT (excellent by the way) then these should hit home well but be able to handle bad ground, salt, and have more depth like a TRX.

I was concerned about missing the strong vibrate and audio the garrett has but these do not disappoint. First pointer that doesn't leave that void other pointers do coming from a garrett. They did their homework.

I replaced my Garrett with a new Fisher F-Pulse.

All I can say is WOW! That Fisher unit is impressive! Especially on the most sensitive setting. The depth of the TRX with the 360 degree detecting of the Garrett, but better build quality than both.

The only downside is the holster that it comes with. It doesn't fit the pin pointer well at all. The holster seems "universal" and the PP doesn't sit deep enough in it whatsoever. I'll cut and mod it, but we really shouldn't have to.

I replaced my Garrett with a new Fisher F-Pulse.

All I can say is WOW! That Fisher unit is impressive! Especially on the most sensitive setting. The depth of the TRX with the 360 degree detecting of the Garrett, but better build quality than both.

The only downside is the holster that it comes with. It doesn't fit the pin pointer well at all. The holster seems "universal" and the PP doesn't sit deep enough in it whatsoever. I'll cut and mod it, but we really shouldn't have to.

yeah the holster is the standard garrett pro pointer style. I does fit in buzz bomb with a little stretching.

Dmo

I used it yesterday, audio is load, and vibrates with the Audio for under water purposes, the only thing i don't like is the Holster, top heavy, and on the back the belt slit is not wide enough for wider belt applications, ferrous signal is nice, i like knowing when i am digging a nail, i loved the Garrett Carrot, in time i will see if i like the Find Pro 25, happy hunting, Earl

Something I didn't think about but someone mentioned the Audio loudness above. I have and always had poor hearing. I don't hear high pitch like a watch alarm very well but I can hear something like a microwave timer beeping. The best for me would be the lowest pitch with good volume.

Something I didn't think about but someone mentioned the Audio loudness above. I have and always had poor hearing. I don't hear high pitch like a watch alarm very well but I can hear something like a microwave timer beeping. The best for me would be the lowest pitch with good volume.

I'd make sure you get one that vibrates well then. That way you can feel the target.

Got an FPulse being delivered today. I like my carrot, but I want a bit more reach from above than the carrot gives me.

I was going to go with the Profind 35 with its dual tone, but saw that it only works when the target is really close to the tip. That was a deal breaker for me.

DetectingMO

I see the pointer fisher just came out with is Pulse, when is there Pulse machine coming out in the water machines, as the same CZ dual frequency has been out their forever , Earl

Been thinking about getting my first pinpointer before the weather warms up. I planned on a Garrett Carrot for no particular reason other than they're popular, but now I see Fisher & Tek have released a new pinpointer. Anyone have feedback on these new pinpointers? How do they compare with the Carrot? I do most of my detecting in cellar holes and old house sites in central Ma. The soil around here can be wet and rocky so durability and waterproofing are important. (Not even sure the carrots waterproof. .forgot to look...?) I'll be using a T2se if that matters.

I use the new minelab pro 35 , it has been pretty good to me . I got it for 139.00. But i think i saw it for more now. Which i wouldn't pay more. That's to much i think. I believe it's waterproof to 10 ft. :my2cents:

I go back and forth between the Garrett and the TRX. Both are good.

I've just ordered a Minelab waterproof pointer.
Lol, I've had a $14 Bounty Hunter pointer for many years, works as well as my expensive units. I musta got a freak one.
Need a waterproof one now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom