• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Is the ATPro good for this?

Brad_bb

Looking to purchase my first detector. The only detector experience I have is my Garrett Super Scanner and lumber wizard for detecting nails/metal in logs and beams I mill on my sawmill.

I want to do 2 things with a detector.
1. Find nails, screws, and other construction debris where I'm building, in our horse area and pasture areas. Need to clean these areas well so horses don't step on things they shouldn't.

2. Hunting relics and coins. I know on my new property there are some relics as I've eyeballed some. A civil war embossed eagle ammo pouch breastplate was one I eyeballed where we had disturbed the old farmstead trash pile.

I know the AT Pro will do the relics, but is it good at nails and other steel and iron? Are there setting to help with that.

I'm considering this detector based on others comments to get a detector you will grow into.
Thanks,
Brad, Indiana

I can personally vouch for the Atpro's ability to find nails, screws, and other trash extremely well.
It has a pro zero mode that you can run without any iron discrimination that will find everything.

The Garrett AT series kinda reminds me of a swiss army knife, so versatile and can do just about anything! I think you will enjoy your purchase :yes: good luck and keep us posted if you find anything! We like pictures of old relics/coins around here :cool:

Back
Top Bottom