New from Minnesota

Land Fisher

I was always intrigued by metal detecting as a kid, but never got a detector until I was an adult. Picked up a Garrett GTAx 550 about 7 years ago and barely used it, since we were having kids, tied up with work/college, etc.

If I could make ends meet as professional treasure hunter, I'd stage an escape from my windowless cubicle in a heartbeat.

Finally, this spring I took my detector out in earnest.

Welcome.
Good to have you with us.
Even us avid detectorist take a leave from time to time but the bug allways comes back and bites.
Good Luck.

Hello from SW Minnesota! What part of the State are you in?

-Mike-

Hello from Ohio! :D

This is a great hobby if you have a family. Today for instance, I MD'd while my son fished and one of my girls swam! (Of course, I had to hunt close to where my daughter was swimming.)

I agree, it's disappointing that for many of us, we have to hang up our machines when the ground freezes, but we can still use that time constructively to research potential hunting sites!

Welcome from Wisconsin! Plenty of time still before winter comes. Last year I hunted well into November when I could and where the ground was not yet frozen. No mosquitos then!!!

Here's another welcome from Wisconsin. We always want pics of whatever you find. It keeps the rest of us stoked. As far as winter goes, as its my first since starting this obsession, I'll be doing research as well as coin roll hunting. Thats still a ways off. Lets get out there and dig!

Back
Top Bottom