The funniest looking pull tab and some wreath buckles.

Kilbreath85

So after last nights success of pulling out an 1813 5 francs after work I knew this hill had to be detected again. In the past the same hill produced an 179? wiped reales and an 1825 Austrian 1 silber groshen. So I got ahold of my metal detecting partner, cavecityslayer, and asked him to meet me before work to detect.
He and I scoured the hill side with nothing more than a few modern bullets and some junk metal to show for our efforts.
We then went up towards an old foundation that we have been to before. Junk, junk and junk. Got a pretty good pull tab maybe shotgun shell signal. Miss pin pointed then.... IMG_1121.jpgIMG_1123.jpg

That popped out. Not bad for a pull tab/shotgun signal. My first gold coin. 1856 S 2 1/2$. It is almost perfect. One of those coins where the mint factory employee got paid, walked outside and dropped it.
Obviously once I got off work we went out again. No coins but cavecityslayer found an amazing suspenders piece(?) with an eagle on it and I got my favorite relics, a tongue and wreath( not matching of course). IMG_1124.jpg

Today was my best day of detecting ever.

So after last nights success of pulling out an 1813 5 francs after work I knew this hill had to be detected again. In the past the same hill produced an 179? wiped reales and an 1825 Austrian 1 silber groshen. So I got ahold of my metal detecting partner, cavecityslayer, and asked him to meet me before work to detect.
He and I scoured the hill side with nothing more than a few modern bullets and some junk metal to show for our efforts.
We then went up towards an old foundation that we have been to before. Junk, junk and junk. Got a pretty good pull tab maybe shotgun shell signal. Miss pin pointed then....View attachment 399583View attachment 399584

That popped out. Not bad for a pull tab/shotgun signal. My first gold coin. 1856 S 2 1/2$. It is almost perfect. One of those coins where the mint factory employee got paid, walked outside and dropped it.
Obviously once I got off work we went out again. No coins but cavecityslayer found an amazing suspenders piece(?) with an eagle on it and I got my favorite relics, a tongue and wreath( not matching of course). View attachment 399587

My suspender piece? I hate you! Someday I will go left and you will go right! Someday... You are the man by the way! Reales, seateds, silver dollars, gold coins? What is next? Joaquin Murrieta’s hoard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats ! One of the best finds ever. I'm drooling profusely.

Let's see that suspender, it sounds cool.

Last edited:
We then went up towards an old foundation that we have been to before. Junk, junk and junk. Got a pretty good pull tab maybe shotgun shell signal. Miss pin pointed then....View attachment 399583View attachment 399584

Obviously once I got off work we went out again. No coins but cavecityslayer found an amazing suspenders piece(?) with an eagle on it and I got my favorite relics, a tongue and wreath( not matching of course). View attachment 399587

That is nothing short of astonishing! Well done!

Wow congratulations on the$2 1/2 dollar gold. I have been extremely fortunate in the gold coin find department but the 2 1/2 is still on my wish list. You will never forget that.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That thing is nice. never seen that one before, the eagle and design look very old though, bet its a fairly rare one.

Cap,

You know you are the only guy who would ignore that gold coin and want to see the suspender piece? I think you have a relic problem!!! [emoji38] By the way we are still waiting on the site access I promised you to open up. Grass is too tall still.

Cap,

You know you are the only guy who would ignore that gold coin and want to see the suspender piece? I think you have a relic problem!!! [emoji38] By the way we are still waiting on the site access I promised you to open up. Grass is too tall still.

Sadly, you are very correct about the relic problem. That Neustadler buckle will keep me up at night LOL! They don't come much rarer than that one.

Awesome finds my friend. Great to see more Cali gold coming out of the ground. We only find silver and copper down here in SoCal.

Great hunts!

Greg

Well done ! Another holy grail hole-in-one for an md'r. And this just goes to show that the west coast provides the highest odds at finding a gold coin. Congratz and thanx for sharing.

Absolutely amazing adventure! Congrats on the gold coin and other great finds.

Back
Top Bottom