Where to find this stuff?

Jacko34

Where do you guys go to find relics and old coins. I've only found bottle caps and one wheat penny.

Old locations that used to have a lot of human traffic.

Research your area. Look at old maps and read the archives of old newspapers online.

The research is a huge part of the enjoyment for me.

I also like researching the finds.

For one you can look in your town for houses with stone foundations and ask permission.

So look up old taverns, churches, general stores, parks, old home sites, places where people gathered, or places that people had wealth. Its all about that traffic. The research is 75% of the game. Don't give up now, I've had many sites that don't pan out. I would say at least half of my attempted sites don't produce like I want.

After a little while in this Sport, you start 'seeing' things differently than most other Humans...Even zooming around via the satellite image on Mapquest or Google Earth...you just start seeing things...

This Sport is a study, if you want to get really good really fast, read a lot of posts by hunters that you aspire to become, apply what you learned from them in field and see if you can replicate their success, so its study time...

Thank your Lucky Stars you dont have to figure this all out on your own like the old guys had to do before this Forum knowledge share!...:laughing:

Find out if there are old areas near you. The parks within these areas will almost certainly hold a lot of relics and coins. Curbs at parks (and curbs in general) can also be pretty good.

But expect to dig lots of junk...

Gotta find old spots to find old stuff... I know that's obvious, but it takes homework and time spent trying to locate those older spots.

Back
Top Bottom