• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Veteran takes a newbie out......

sleepyjim

Elite Member
TonyAZ took me out this morning detecting in a couple places he had spotted. I being a newby really liked the idea of hooking up with an experienced detectorist.
We was up before the sun as it gets HOT here in Arizona and by sunrise we started now Tony took the time to find my level of understanding of my machine, explained his machine so I can relate to how they might convert when getting numbers for items, he had an extra digging tool (I had one) and Pro Pointer for me to use and explained their use. He also made sure I understood that we leave no holes or mess.
Well as a new dude who maybe swung for an hour at a time and only found some clad stuff, today I found myself a good little bit including a 1930 dime and some wheat (I posted in another thread). I was/a, thrilled! I think Tony was just as happy for me as well.
Wow, what a great person Tony is and to take the time to take a newby out and teach the craft………I cannot say how wonderful of a time I had and how Tony set me on a path (Addiction??).

Thank you Tony, you are an excellent representative of our hobby.

Jim
PS Now I MUST get a Pro Pointer!

Like I always say theres no better way for someone new to the hobby to learn then to go out & hunt with someone that has experience...
Congrats on the finds and even more on the experience you gained....

Back
Top Bottom