Best detector for hunted out parks?

Flyingeagle

I would like to try a detector that will go a little deeper than my whites eagle spectrum. The deepest I find Indian heads is about 6 to 7 inches.
I'm sure there has to be older deeper coins in this park. Thank you

Most the high end detectors will get the job done.

The deus has great depth. But it shines in iron.

I had a v3i, didn't like it went to some of my old sites and wasn't impressed at all. So I sold it after 3 years, recently went back to old site with spectrum and found old Wheatie. I was watching that guy on YouTube Tony two cent and was impressed.

CTX does a good job in that role too. Slower sweep speed is required but it offers excellent depth, very accurate ID on deeper targets and the target trace feature is extremely useful for picking out good targets from junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattlehead, what's the deepest you've found silver dimes with your ctx or deus?

I've found dimes around the 9-10" mark with the CTX and stock coil. Most of the ones found with the Deus were dug in areas with lots of iron junk where depth wasn't the issue. 4 to 6 inches but with nails in the same hole. CTX can find these targets too but requires a much slower sweep speed and angle of approach is more critical. Deus is no slouch in the depth department either.

FWIW, when I go park hunting I reach for the CTX. Not saying the Deus wouldn't do a good job as well, but I just prefer the 3030 for that role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice if you could try before you buy, I just don't want to run into the same thing I did with the v3i.

I find a lot of my Silver coins in hunted out out parks and would never knock any of the suggestions given in this thread as all are great machines. For me the CTX is the best for deep digging and the use of the 17 in coil is the real key.
This last two years a group of us in Wisconsin hit parks which have been ravished for years and were very successful with this machine and coil. In one such site we have recovered between 75 to 100 Silver coins with most of the coins being 8 to 11 inches down. Jack

I have never regretted buying the best of something, but many times I have regretted buying something less than the best.

Buy the best that you can afford.

When I bought the first time it was the $1500 V3i, after running the Whites 5900. I could afford it. The 5900 was a great beginner for a gifted machine.

Point is, the $1500 top of the Whites line never got me more than a few 9" coins after years. Once I bought the used SE Pro, for half V3i cost...I've had a great time in just 8 months. I did have a big advantage with the SE being I've been tutored by the best tector I've met, using an SE.

All of my 10" buried coins here at home came to life with the SE, while my $1500 V3i just can't see'em enough to ID.

It's not always the money.

When I bought the first time it was the $1500 V3i, after running the Whites 5900. I could afford it. The 5900 was a great beginner for a gifted machine.

Point is, the $1500 top of the Whites line never got me more than a few 9" coins after years. Once I bought the used SE Pro, for half V3i cost...I've had a great time in just 8 months. I did have a big advantage with the SE being I've been tutored by the best tector I've met, using an SE.

All of my 10" buried coins here at home came to life with the SE, while my $1500 V3i just can't see'em enough to ID.

It's not always the money.

I didn't say buy the most expensive, I said buy the best. ;) :grin:

Alright so I've found a guy who is selling a 6 month old e trac, used a couple times. selling because he bought a deus. I can get it for about 1k. Before I go check it out, will it give me what I'm looking for? (More depth than my eagle spectrum and better target separation. Will it be hard to learn after using a whites for 25 years? Thank you

Alright so I've found a guy who is selling a 6 month old e trac, used a couple times. selling because he bought a deus. I can get it for about 1k. Before I go check it out, will it give me what I'm looking for? (More depth than my eagle spectrum and better target separation. Will it be hard to learn after using a whites for 25 years? Thank you

:heartylaugh:

Back
Top Bottom