More 100+ yr old silver and other coins from the old park - Deep and iffie's on the Etrac

Ohio Digger

Elite Member
VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF53fqQKR1k

I got permission to hunt a 1919 farmhouse. The house has been vacant for several years. I hit that spot first then moved over to the park in the area I found my first SLQ a couple weeks ago. The targets here are deep, like 6-9" deep, and usually pretty iffy on the Etrac. You can't rely on numbers too much here or you'll miss good targets. I saw a guy in the spring detecting this area and had actually written it off all summer knowing that the guy was there quite a bit and used a higher end detector. One day I decided to give it a go and see if he missed anything. Well he did. I think he dug most of the easy signals and avoided the trashy spots. I'm hoping to be able to hit this spot more before the permafrost sets in. I hope you enjoy the video and like and subscribe if you do.

Attachments

• all in hand dirty.JPG
    all in hand dirty.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Barbers clean.JPG
    Barbers clean.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Indian Head clean.JPG
    Indian Head clean.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 292
Gotta love the look of those old barbers too bad the modern day coins aren't as cool looking

What coil were you using?

I use the 11" Pro coil 99% of the time on the Etrac, including this hunt. I just ordered a 15" WOT coil so I'm going to throw that on when it comes in to see if I can squeeze a couple more inches of depth out of the Etrac. I save the 8x6 SEF for two tone ferrous and very high trash. The Pro coil is a beast and works very well in many situations.

Back
Top Bottom