Cool Piece of Automobile History

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
Found this yesterday. A cap to the hubcap of a Marmon car. Built in Indiana from 1902 to the early 30's. Somewhere I read they made around a total of 350,000 cars before ending production. Some claim only a few hundred Marmon cars are still around today.

Here's a link. If you scroll down a little you'll see exactly what I found!!!!

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curb...assic-1931-marmon-sixteen-death-with-dignity/

Heck yeah it may be worth something. I sold a cig. lighter element for a 57 vette once for $250. Found it in a big screw and nut/bolt organizer I bought at a yard sale for $15. Same sale, I bought a Pantera hood for $30 and sold it for $350. Those were the good ole days, don't have enough sales here for that.

Heck yeah it may be worth something. I sold a cig. lighter element for a 57 vette once for $250. Found it in a big screw and nut/bolt organizer I bought at a yard sale for $15. Same sale, I bought a Pantera hood for $30 and sold it for $350. Those were the good ole days, don't have enough sales here for that.

There are a couple for sale on feebay right now. Interesting!:D

Cool find. I dug a hood emblem from a 37 Pontiac 224 awhile back. Looked it up only about 3500 were made. Thats what I like about the hobby, you never k ow what youre going to find. HH

Back
Top Bottom