Spectrum XLT | volume (audio) for deeper targets

Liberty_1776

Forum Supporter
I started off with the ACE250 which has the same volume for any target no matter the depth. I recently purchased a used White's Spectrum XLT. In all the reading and research I have done; I can't seem to figure out the answer to this question. Maybe it's a stupid question but here goes...

I know when coil goes over a target, you get a tone. I have Tone ID turned on so the tones are different for each target. My question is: Is the volume more quiet (harder to hear) for deeper targets than for more shallow targets? I've only been finding things 2-3" down and am wondering if I'm not paying attention to the tones as much as I should be.

Any input is appreciated.

What you are referring to is called "Modulated Audio" by White's. It works as you said, the volume is proportional to target depth. I believe you can turn Modulated Audio on/off on the XLT. You can try that.

The depth you get from your XLT depends on many interacting programmable settings. You might want to check them.

PS: The XLT likes to be swept on the fast side for maximum depth.

Thanks! There sure are a lot of settings. I know I read that some of the audio settings can affect depth. I'm trying to stick to the basic programs for now except I usually turn on Tone ID.

If you have not already checked out the user video from Whites on Youtube, I suggest you check that out. Lots of good info on the XLT in the video.

I did check out most of those. Very informative. Thanks.

My favorite part is in part 3 of the videos where they enter someone's property through a closed gate, drive up this long driveway, knock on this old couple's door and the guy says "Hi, my name is Randy Smith and I have 3 friends in the car." That would never fly in this day and age. The previous sentence would probably be followed by "and you're going to do exactly what we say and nobody gets hurt"

I did check out most of those. Very informative. Thanks.

My favorite part is in part 3 of the videos where they enter someone's property through a closed gate, drive up this long driveway, knock on this old couple's door and the guy says "Hi, my name is Randy Smith and I have 3 friends in the car." That would never fly in this day and age. The previous sentence would probably be followed by "and you're going to do exactly what we say and nobody gets hurt"

lol. Thats true. I've always found that its a little less intimidating to the land owners if I show up alone to ask permission. A car full of buddies will usually get you a quick "no".

Back
Top Bottom