• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Oh Heck!

beephead

Elite Member
I thought that I was going to be able to take my Omega 8000 V6 out today and be able to decide that it's one detector that I don't really need anymore. I've bought and sold several Omega detectors before and I always ended up with seller's remorse and buy another one. Omega detectors sure love silver.

I messed around and found 4 silver coins and a 14 wheat pennies today with a little help from my Deus. Day before yesterday I found a Buffalo nickel, a token and 3 wheat pennies. I haven't been able to do much detecting due to the hot weather and hard ground from the lack of rain. I'll be able to get back into the swing of things once Fall gets here.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_2302.jpg
    IMG_2302.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_2305.jpg
    IMG_2305.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_2308.jpg
    IMG_2308.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 606
Very impressive. Agree about the heat and humidity but it finally let up for a couple of days but won't be long till it will be hot, hot again. Just hoping to get some rain to soften things up.

Hi Beephead

I have noticed that your curb strip hunting NEVER seems to be on a nicely mowed, lush grassy area. Do you avoid those purposely, or is it just due to your target environment?

thank you for your advice

Great hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Looks good beep
Thanks! It's always nice to find silver.

Very impressive. Agree about the heat and humidity but it finally let up for a couple of days but won't be long till it will be hot, hot again. Just hoping to get some rain to soften things up.
Thanks! I don't normally do much detecting this time of the year. I'm able to hunt almost everyday during the winter months. I really don't like detecting in the heat and digging in hard ground.

Hi Beephead

I have noticed that your curb strip hunting NEVER seems to be on a nicely mowed, lush grassy area. Do you avoid those purposely, or is it just due to your target environment?

thank you for your advice
If it's a nicely mowed, lush grassy area, I usually avoid detecting there. Most of the curb strips that I hunt are in the shady part of town.

beephead

A very impressive outing Beep. Congrats on the 4 Silver's, all the wheat's and all the rest. From the looks on the paper plate you did an awful lot of digging. Trapper

Fantastic hunt, thanks for sharing! Yes, Im in Southaven, MS, not too far from you and the ground is extremely hard the last couple of weeks.

Great hunt for sure!
Thanks!

A very impressive outing Beep. Congrats on the 4 Silver's, all the wheat's and all the rest. From the looks on the paper plate you did an awful lot of digging. Trapper
Thanks! That's a 5 gallon bucket lid, not little ole paper plate. lol

Nice looking curbs there Beep. Hot and grounds getting hard here too.

Congrats on the silvers, Buffalo and wheats!
Thanks! I get lucky and find a good place to detect every once in awhile. Some site produce and some don't.

Fantastic hunt, thanks for sharing! Yes, Im in Southaven, MS, not too far from you and the ground is extremely hard the last couple of weeks.
Thanks! Yeah it has been dry and hot, but a least we're getting some good rain now.

Congrats on a great hunt!
Thanks! That whole street has been good to me. There must have been a bunch of kids living on that street back in the 50's.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom