Yet another token....and IH, and SILVER, & cool Fob

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Went out this morning for a Father's Day gift to myself. I went back to the little town where I scored the 2 Indianheads and 2 silvers on Friday..... it did not disappoint again!

I found the token first, which I knew would be tough to outdo. Dug the silver Rosie and the wheats afterward. The rusty coin looking thing is what I'm guessing to be my first Steel Wheatie since it came out of the same hole as the 1944-D.

Last came the Indianhead right before I had to take off for home.

On the way home I stopped in another little town on the way home where I have an old permission. I had detected the yard twice but somehow managed to miss the old County Fair watch Fob as well as the 1916 Wheatie.

Anyone know about what year the fob was made?
It says SCHWAABS and something else on the back.
3f549777e05430b0ea848d8eaee1f072.jpg
e21fe5676281db22435b40c42cf907bb.jpg
7c3b7231be540baee5d1882547ca32ec.jpg
1ad06d796825934a9bdc5aed6abdcafe.jpg
e04e89ac15f091e78ed8c2f63b6ad1e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You’re killing it! That Medallion is very nice. I found a similar one in a small town in Kansas a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re killing it! That Medallion is very nice. I found a similar one in a small town in Kansas a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks jwp! I've been lucky enough to find that old dirt that hasn't been hunted yet.

Great hunt and the tops is that medallion!
Thanks General! I wasn't too sure if that county fair thing was a watch fob or something that would have hung off the bottom of a ribbon? I just can't believe I missed it TWICE! And it was only 4 or 5 inches down.

Nice digs!! Got yourself a maverick token this time - no identifying marks at all. No worries, tokens are always a thrill, researchable or not! Definitely looks like a steel cent, too - put a magnet to it and see if it sticks. If so, odds are extremely high it's a steel cent considering it came out of the hole with the other wheatie.

Schwaab fob is awesome! The design sure looks "turn of the century" to me, maybe 1890s to 1920? It certainly doesn't depict high tech farm equipment on the front - though I guess it might have been state of the art at the time the fob was stamped :lol: Here's an brief article I found on Schwaab that seems to imply the company was more active with this sort of product in that time frame. Here's a follow up to that article - seems like they moved on to other products certainly by 1950s, but I think your's is likely much older than that.

Congrats on the nice finds - the Indian, silver, and rings piled onto an already great hunt!

Looks like it was actually a souvenir pin. And an older one too. The bottom one is one that is specific to New Jersey, and they identify it as from 1897..... Great find!

Edit: I am going with 1890-1910. I found a couple more examples that were dated 1898, 1900, etc.....

Souvenir-Pinback-Badge-From-An-Annual-County.jpg

rare-1897-Badge-NEW-JERSEY-STATE-FAIR-WAVERLEY.jpg

Looks like it was actually a souvenir pin. And an older one too. The bottom one is one that is specific to New Jersey, and they identify it as from 1897..... Great find!

Edit: I am going with 1890-1910. I found a couple more examples that were dated 1898, 1900, etc.....

Souvenir-Pinback-Badge-From-An-Annual-County.jpg

rare-1897-Badge-NEW-JERSEY-STATE-FAIR-WAVERLEY.jpg
Thanks for the info! It came from a little town incorporated in 1898 just outside of Minot. I imagine it was lost sometime within the first 10 years of the towns existence. I figured it was pretty old!

Congrats Tundra on the Rosie, the Indian , the Fob and all the rest. Trapper
Thanks Jack! I don't know what I like the best out of the finds from yesterday..... I'm kind of leaning toward the medallion though. That token is a pretty close 2nd.

Man that’s a sweet token! Course the IH and fob and silvers are all awesome too! Incredible hunt for Father’s Day!
Thanks man! Funny thing is I am watching a token on EBay from the same town that also has one blank side. I thought for sure that is what it was when I dug it until I turned it over and wiped off the dirt to show the lettering. Strange to find a complete maverick token in any of these little towns up here in ND, they always have a name or a town on them. I'm happy with it though!

Back
Top Bottom