Tones Suggested A Token.......Out Came A Token, And Then Another.. AT Pro "ROCKS"

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

I was out earlier this week detecting some older spots. I got a strong signal in the middle 80's, too strong for a penny, audio too smooth & stable for a junk target and moving the coil around suggested something larger then a penny. I guessed a larger token.........popped it out with a screwdriver, closed my eyes, and sure enough, out came a token. There was also a similar signal everal inches away, so I figured another token. "BANG"......out came another nice car wash token. I also dug this old military button, "3rd Dragoon Guards (Prince Of Wales's) - 1855-1928 Brass Military uniform button" A great addition to my ever growing military finds collection. I have said it soooooo many times. The AT Pro with its great tones is probably one of the best coin/jewelry hunting metal detectors available.

And.....I also spent some time highbanking for gold close to downtown Edmonton in the river.

Here's about 5 hours worth of digging. I hit a hot spot for sure. Any gold in any rivers near by where you live? It costs about the same as an AT Series detector to purchase a highbanker and water pump to search for gold, or you can build one for even less. Or........Garrett builds great pans for "panning" for gold.

Below is a first for me.....I found one tiny gold chain link in one of the riffles in my sluice box.

Attachments

• gold huntt.jpg
    gold huntt.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 191
Pretty cool gold finds! I think panning is legal here in Michigan, but not dredging. Not sure about a sluice box. I’ll probably buy classifier and pan set and give it a try one day.

Pretty cool gold finds! I think panning is legal here in Michigan, but not dredging. Not sure about a sluice box. I’ll probably buy classifier and pan set and give it a try one day.

Dredging is also illegal where I live, however, panning is allowed. For highbanking, I need to have a minors permit.....$50.00, good for 5 years. Cheap!

Dredging is also illegal where I live, however, panning is allowed. For highbanking, I need to have a minors permit.....$50.00, good for 5 years. Cheap!

Interesting how different areas/countries what is allowed and what is not.
Here where I live Dredging IS allowed but not high banking

here is the rules where I live in Southern Oregon from the BLM.. Interesting read.

https://www.blm.gov/or/districts/medford/files/goldbrochure.pdf

I like the gold in the pan. There are a few around here who pan for gold in streams, but the finds are not that great.

The thing about finding Raw Gold is that you have to be in an area that is known for Having Gold otherwise I think it would be a waste of time and Energy.

Nice thing about most gold supplying streams is that they replenish the stock somewhat after a good spring thaw or heavy rains. Never going to be rich, but nice physical workout. Usually bring the detector along too. If the goldfish aren't biting, the coinfish usually do!

Back
Top Bottom