• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New pin pointer help.

XiBowhunter

My pointer just went out. And now I’m without one. I’m looking at the Garrett carrot or the Garrett Pro Pointer. What is the difference in the two? Which would you prefer? I’ve seen the Pro Pointer on eBay for $40-60. And was thinking about ordering it.

Personally, I've had great luck with the F-Pulse. As it's name indicates, it's pulse induction, so falsing isn't an issue. They're a little pricey, at $127US on Amazon, but so worth it, in my opinion.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Personally, I've had great luck with the F-Pulse. As it's name indicates, it's pulse induction, so falsing isn't an issue. They're a little pricey, at $127US on Amazon, but so worth it, in my opinion.

Okay I’m really new to detecting. What is pulse induction, and what is the advantage of it over the Garrett?

I'm not too versed in the technological side of it, but as far as I know, it has to do with how the signals are sent from the device. Most pinpointers are VLF, or very low frequency, just like most popular detector models. With VLF, it tends, and as the potential to, go wonky around saltwater and wet saltwater sand, as well as if the ground is mineralised via another source, aside from the ocean.

PI, or pulse induction, is a bit different in its way of sending and detecting signals (again that I'm not educated enough to explain). They tend to go deeper than VLF, and do a lot better in saltwater and other mineralized environments.

Garrett carrot or the Garrett Pro Pointer. on eBay for $40-60. China rep off

Garrett Pinpointer 11 has no adjustment Good
Garrett Pinpointer (Carrot AT) Adjustable modes
Garrett Pinpointer (Carrot AT Z-Lynk wireless) Adjustable modes

My pointer just went out. And now I’m without one. I’m looking at the Garrett carrot or the Garrett Pro Pointer. What is the difference in the two? Which would you prefer? I’ve seen the Pro Pointer on eBay for $40-60. And was thinking about ordering it.

What did you have that just went out and how did you like it? Important question before any recommendations!:cool3:

What did you have that just went out and how did you like it? Important question before any recommendations!:cool3:

It was my first pin pointer, so keep that in mind. I bought a GP Pointer, and I was actually very happy with it. Mine had great range and worked really well. But I’ve only had it about six months, and it’s already went out. I bought a cheap one first so I didn’t spend a bunch of money getting into the hobby incase I didn’t enjoy it. I started out with that and an old bounty hunter detector.

+1

I used a Chinese carrot (think it was Kuman) and it worked well. I replaced it with a Fisher F-Pulse in January and I love it. Feels good, uses AA batteries, it cut the time to find a target and detecting in the mud is no problem as I can just run it under the sink to clean it.

Never used the Garrett AT so I can't compare but I'm very happy with the F-Pulse.

It was my first pin pointer, so keep that in mind. I bought a GP Pointer, and I was actually very happy with it. Mine had great range and worked really well. But I’ve only had it about six months, and it’s already went out. I bought a cheap one first so I didn’t spend a bunch of money getting into the hobby incase I didn’t enjoy it. I started out with that and an old bounty hunter detector.[/QUOTE
That was also my first. Met some other hunters with Garrett and the difference is quite obvious-better sensitivity. I'm looking at the.tekpointer or land and sea for its waterproofing.

Thank you for all the suggestions. After doing some searching, I decided to not go cheap this time, and I went with the Fisher F Pulse. I can’t wait to get it back so I can get back to detecting again.

Back
Top Bottom