• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Wyatt Earp toy badge

xltcowboy

I found this badge on Monday (2/22/10), at an empty lot where a house was torn down. In the second picture are some finds that I made last weekend. The gold ring is missing the stone. It is a cheap ring,it's not real gold...but a neat find. The other ring is also a cheap ring.it's not silver. I found the gold ring at a soccer field at a middle School last Saturday (2/20/10). I found the silver looking ring at a baseball backstop at another middle School on Sunday (2/21/10). I also found the earring and kids pendant at a tot lot last Saturday morning. The last picture is of a mason jar lid in a hole about ten inches deep at an old house. I got a good signal and dug down 10 inches and saw this...I got excited! Turns out it was just the lid and no jar! Ha! My luck. It was the old porcelain lined lid. I enjoy looking at everyone's finds, so I thought I would share some of mine with everyone. I'm still trying to figure out how to set my camera for best pics and also post them on the forum. I hope these pics aren't too large.

Attachments

• metal detecting finds 2010 024.jpg
    metal detecting finds 2010 024.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,727
  • metal detecting finds 2010 031.jpg
    metal detecting finds 2010 031.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 678
  • metal detecting finds 2010 001.jpg
    metal detecting finds 2010 001.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 686
Cool finds. :cool:
The badge is really cool!
And the pictures look fine..I've seen alot worse :lol:
Congrats & HH :D

Sorry the lid didn't turn out to be connected to a cache
jar full of gold coins, maybe next time. :grin:

Great finds otherwise, thanks for sharing.

Bet that jar lid made your heart flutter a little. Congrats on the rings, sounds like you are doing things right.

Nice finds - Hugh O'Brien was Wyatt Earp on TV, I think. (song had a line about "brave courageous and bold")

Back
Top Bottom