Florida Panhandle Trip Help

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
I am planning on a trip to visit Dad near Destin next week. I want to water hunt the beaches in that area but the only beach I have seen is Destin and Ft. Walton and those do not seem to have a large crowd at any time. I heard there is a beach near Panama City called "The Beach" and that may be a good area.

I am hoping you all could give me some tips on the most populated beaches in that area. He lives in Crestview so the gulf stretch between Panama City and Pensacola would be a good day trip for us. He hunts dry sand since he is 86 and I hunt water and wet sand. If you were going to that area where would you hunt? Thanks in advance for your good advise! Hope to take some photos and find something good to post. :confetti:

I am planning on a trip to visit Dad near Destin next week. I want to water hunt the beaches in that area but the only beach I have seen is Destin and Ft. Walton and those do not seem to have a large crowd at any time. I heard there is a beach near Panama City called "The Beach" and that may be a good area.

I am hoping you all could give me some tips on the most populated beaches in that area. He lives in Crestview so the gulf stretch between Panama City and Pensacola would be a good day trip for us. He hunts dry sand since he is 86 and I hunt water and wet sand. If you were going to that area where would you hunt? Thanks in advance for your good advise! Hope to take some photos and find something good to post. :confetti:

i know ft walton is a big family vaction area, because we have family reunions there., may not be as crowded as other areas, but good money in that area.. dont know about the rest
and if you hit up ft walton and find some rare Ray-Ban sun glases, they be mine....haha

Pensacola Beach and Panama City Beach both see a lot of traffic from people enjoying the beach, more so than Ft Walton. Panama City Beach is stretched out, but the most populated areas will probably be near "Edge Water" in PCB. Just watch where you park and make sure there are no tow-away signs nearby!

I have found a couple of rings and lots of coins at Panama City Beach on vacations

Being from Fort Walton Beach, I would say to try up in San Destin area..there are some nice beaches up there and would be closer than going to Pensacola..You can try behind the Whales Tale or move down a few miles to Jacks...hunted there a few times...there is also the Board walk area at Okaloosa Island by the Gulfairum..done real good there over the years..But remember that this is not beach season and drops are few and far between..But getting out to beach hunt is always a good day..Good hunting to you..Buster...:yes:

Pensacola Beach and Panama City Beach both see a lot of traffic from people enjoying the beach, more so than Ft Walton. Panama City Beach is stretched out, but the most populated areas will probably be near "Edge Water" in PCB. Just watch where you park and make sure there are no tow-away signs nearby!
I see where you are talking. Looked at Google Earth and see access and the motels. I will give it a try soon. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom