An Introduction from a New Member (take two!)

DiggingSteven

Hi everyone!

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Steven (DiggerSteven) and I’m 34. I’ve been detecting for 28 years though. I guess that makes me an old timer!

I live in Eastern Canada so I have at least a month and a half more before I can get out there and dig – so I decided to join this group and live vicariously through your digs (especially that guy in CA who keeps digging up $20 gold coins).

Seems like there is a little bit of bragging on this board so I guess I’ll do some in my intro. I average about $1500 in spendable money a year (here in the great white north we have $1 and $2 coins so that helps!) and between 10-15 pieces of gold a year. I don’t do much relic hunting so I’m either in parks or at the beach in the water. I use a GTAx 1250 as my main machine and I’ve used it for so long (16 years) that it rarely ever surprises me. Last year I pulled up 2 nice gold rings from parks with it. I have a backup Bounty Hunter Big Bud that is probably older than some of the people on this board (1987) but for straight coin shooting, it can’t be beat. For water I used a Surfmaster PI – which I still think, pound for pound has the greatest depth in the water. I’m debating on saving up my gold this year and buying an Etrac or Deus with it – but I know my machines so well that I don’t really want to change –– also it is kind of hard to convince the missus I need to spend $1000+ on a new detector…

Um, so that’s it. I’ll be hanging around and posting and giving advice and asking questions. Pleased to meet you all. Now, if I can just get this damn avatar to work…

DS.

Back
Top Bottom