NEW MEMBERS SINCE Christmas 2014 -PLEASE REPLY

medicchief

Forum Supporter
I would like to do a survey of all the new members that have joined since Christmas this year (2014), to see if they are still active. I hope most are and they leave a comment, with what they have found so far.

I'm still here. Bought the kids and I detectors for Christmas....just waiting impatiently for spring to arrive....and this far north, it's still a few months away.

GLASSHOPPER1955 here. Same as Gabby above. Too frigid here in N. Indiana to get out but have a few albums up from past hunts, mainly old bottles. :yes:

Sad that the winter has such an impact on you all. We may be able to hunt down South, but you have so much more history in your areas. It will be worth the wait, as you know......it's a good time to do some research of your areas.

Check. I've only been at it two weeks but found two silver coins, dozen or so wheats, a token, and three civil war round balls. Not to mention my pull tab, bottle cap, clad, lead, and copper collection lol!

Check. I've only been at it two weeks but found two silver coins, dozen or so wheats, a token, and three civil war round balls. Not to mention my pull tab, bottle cap, clad, lead, and copper collection lol!

Obviously you have spent a lot of time swinging, that or you have a killer place to hunt (probably both).....I am impressed!

Ok so I joined March of 2014 and did a introduction. Only one post.
April I had back surgery for the second time. I was out for a while went back to work and after crabbing season ended I got back into researching mding. I bought a f5 new years eve. I have been posting steady since. I have went out as much as I can with weather permitting and even got together with a member.
So not necessarily join around December but really got active right around then, and got my detector in my opinion I became a contributing member then.

My best finds since Christmas , # 1 the MDer's in the chat room who keep me laughing !! #2 the opinions of other forums members that help you sort out fact from fiction on many diverse topics . #3 the pics of the places members are hunting , from the creeks of gold country , celler holes of the back woods to the parks and school yards . # 4 and of course the finds post that give us all hope to have a good target under our own MD .
Best Wishes to All for 2015
HH

Sure...chime in!

Ok...so, got back into MD'ing after being involved as a kid with my folks. They actually used to be White's dealers back in the mid 70's. Just recently got into the hobby more serious, decided on an Ace 250, and have been having a blast. The only finds I have so far worth mentioning are the 1775 KG III Halfcent and a couple of flat buttons. But then again, I've only been at is for a couple of months, so I'm pretty stoked!!

I'm still here but the only holes I'm making are in the ice covered lakes, trying to catch fish........:lol:

Still here

So far 5.47 in clad, pull tabs galore, nuts bolts, bearings and a magnum condom package. Try explaining the last one to your nine year old!!!

Yes there is a lot of history up here. There has also been a lot of detecting for the past 40 or so years. In fact in order to hunt some of my favorite places I'm going to have to start digging out iron looking for masked coins just for something to do.

Ok I'm bitter right now! Covered in snow. Its 15 degrees, ground so frozen you can hear it creek. I played on my bed with my 705. Did all factory resets and swapped to the 5 x 10 getting ready to start out fresh. When? I don't wanna think about it.
Waaaaah!
Tin

Back
Top Bottom