Get Google Earth Pro for FREE!

Dirt Nuker

Elite Member
Looks like Google won't be charging $400/year for this. Go get it free! Not sure if this will help anybody with MD research, but free is always good. If you get an error, just arrow back and submit again (your information should still be there). Rumor is this will go through 2017 but some say it is indefinite. A wise person will grab 2-4 of these keys just in case it does end in 2017.
http://google-latlong.blogspot.de/2015/01/google-earth-pro-is-now-free.html

Looks like Google won't be charging $400/year for this. Go get it free! Not sure if this will help anybody with MD research, but free is always good. If you get an error, just arrow back and submit again (your information should still be there). Rumor is this will go through 2017 but some say it is indefinite. A wise person will grab 2-4 of these keys just in case it does end in 2017.
http://google-latlong.blogspot.de/2015/01/google-earth-pro-is-now-free.html

Thanks for the link buddy! Thats cool!

Try again buddy

will not give me a key due to technical issues!

Hey guy, I re-ran the subscription routine with a second email address I own and it went there. You may just try again and it mite work. The first address is a hotmail address so maybe thats a problem with them, I tried my gmx free mail account and it went through after only less than 60 seconds with that one and emailed me my key. Good luck it's worth it.:grin:

Hey guy, I re-ran the subscription routine with a second email address I own and it went there. You may just try again and it mite work. The first address is a hotmail address so maybe thats a problem with them, I tried my gmx free mail account and it went through after only less than 60 seconds with that one and emailed me my key. Good luck it's worth it.:grin:

Thanks tried that and it worked!!

Thanks for the info got earth pro but I don't see much of a difference from the regular version. what difference should I see?

Actually I do see some differences, not better resolution but more data.

If you have "technical issues" (and I did as well), just click back on your browser and resubmit. Only had to do it a couple times before it went through just fine.

Got it (saw another link here in the forums)....

Here are the claimed differences, for anyone wanting to know...

Pro includes all features available in the free version of Google Earth, plus the following:

An area-measurement tool (that measures square feet, miles, acres, radii, etc.)
Data importing, which allows you to ingest up to 2,500 locations by address or by latitude/longitudinal coordinates
The highest resolution printing and saving capabilities, which enable larger, clearer printouts (up to 4,800 pixels)
Movie maker, which allows you to export movies of zooms and tours
GIS data import, which allows you to drag and drop SHP files, GeoTiffs, etc.
Premium printing, which enables you to print high-resolution images up to 11" x 17" (4,800 pixels)

Happy Researching!

PS- As for resolution, I think free and pro both offer the same resolution, but pro prints and saves higher resolution than free. Going to experiment a bit to see if I notice a difference.

Back
Top Bottom