Street of Dreams

bearbqd

Elite Member
My oh my... I was on a road today in Pennsylvania that made me feel like a kid in a candy store with no money to buy anything. This road had more OLD delapidated 1700's and 1800's brick and stone homes and farms than I have ever seen. Most of them looked like I could just stop the car and start hunting too; long past any residents being there. The problem was though, I couldn't. I was musclecar hunting with my best friend and business partner and he wasn't about to risk precious daylight letting me stop at any of them. Although I had both detectors in the trunk. Grrrrrr....

I thought we were eventually gonna turn around and head back the way we came and I could get some shots of them, but turns out he wanted to keep going the way we were so I couldn't. I will DEFINITELY get back that way though. It looked like heaven for old coins.

I did, however get some great shots of the 1800's house I have been frequenting. All I found there yesterday was one frame of a pair of old glasses from what I call "the colonial trash layer" in the back yard. I did find another civil war bullet later on though where I found the previous one the other day. Enjoy the pics!

These places look terrific! I would be all over this getting permission to hunt them. Couple of those shots, you would need a weedeater to do it though. :lol:

Those photos are all of the same property. I'm taking my chances on hunting this one. There aren't any "No Trespassing" Signs, so until someone tells me otherwise.... I've hunted here 3 times so far. It's where I found an early 1800's button, 2 colonial pipe pieces, that giant fang from what I think is a bear, a small buckle (exactly identical to one I found in town nowhere near this place), a colonial eyeglass frame, and... I think that's it so far. I have crawled under stairways looking behind fireplaces and all kinds of things looking for any hidden caches in this place. No coins yet. It's probably been hunted before, but not recently.

Bear,
I have a great site too!! Get off I 78 at Pa Route 100 South. About 3 miles down the road is an intersection. Turn Right. Go to the field where the guy riding the tractor is plowing the field. He'll direct you to the old farm and fields that I hunted last summer. When you get to the gate ask for "Earl" and tell him you're a friend of mine. :D

Back
Top Bottom